parents - tax free threshold

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by S0805, 20th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Probably not possible unless you have met a condition of release as this amounts to accessing super.

2. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

Is there any legal or tax implicatios if we open the share trading account in their name & we do all the activities online using their account (i.e. trading, buy/sell)..

3. Terry_w

Plenty of issues.

4. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

ok....with the investigation hat on how can one prove that is the case. I mean once online account is created any one with the login details can do the share trading on their behalf.... tax or legal issues??

5. Terry_w

Depends on what you want to improve. Are you gifting or loaning money and on waht terms. Will they be acting as trustee for you?

6. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

with the sensible investor hat on why are you choosing to get opinions on the internet from people who do not have a complete understanding of your situation instead of paid for advice for your specific scenario by an expert in the field?

Joynz and Marg4000 like this.
  7. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

@sanj , as made clear in my 1st post i do understand& accept this requires specific advise and not shying away from it....with sensible investor & PC forumite hat :) on in any subject I think anyone should do some ground work, throw around some ideas and get some understanding from brilliant brains here compare to relying just on Fin.adviser who may have vested interests where my lack of knowledge can be used against me....

As always, I'm grateful for feedback, support, ideas discussed on this forum and like to believe some of the topics discussed may provide info to other and similar situation. as a regular PC forumite hat on I welcome your suggestion as well ;)...

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

sanj likes this.