QLD Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by big max, 13th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Palm Beach update.

F1D01B80-4A52-49D2-98B5-3B325F979912.jpeg

2. 10927

10927 Member

Palm Beach prices are crazy - I have been acting as a buyers agent for a couple looking around southern Gold Coast. They decided to shy away from Palm Beach and head north a bit to Burleigh Waters / Robina as prices are 150-200k more for similar style properties in Palm Beach. I get the whole cafe style relaxed beach vibe it has going on but to me its not justified enough on the prices of houses there.

3. Jase121

Jase121 Member

Hi Opal,

I must disagree with your analysis of Palm Beach. The thought of living in Robina or Burleigh Waters to me and many people is quiet different to Palm Beach and I just wouldn't. Driving 5-15 mins to get to the beach is the exact reason I would pay 150/200 thousand more. The reason the prices are higher like all beach side suburbs is the beach and the lifestyle it brings. Palm Beach prices have moved but are still cheap compared to most northern beach suburbs. I think all the beach side suburbs will continue to move and usually at a higher rate to the inland suburbs. I do understand not everyone can afford the higher prices, but still believe a better long term investment. Just my thoughts..

4. big max

big max Well-Known Member

I agree entirely.