Painting kitchen cupboards/frame

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Tony Fleming, 14th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Looks good.
    What did you use for the bench top?

2. 212

212 Guest

We bought a new bench top. We found a manufacturer who cut to size and adjust corners. They were around half price than bunnings.

3. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Photos to come it didn't go so well. The kitchen is just in terrible condition chipped. I used the white knights primer, two coats of laminate paint. It just didn't end up with the gloss look and was patchy. New door knobs were probably more beneficial. My tile cutter breaking isn't help with the floor efforts either :/

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Bad luck.
    Is it possible to just re-skin the doors?

Tony Fleming likes this.
  5. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

No I won't worry about trying to fix it I was going to put a new kitchen(look at the bottom of the sink doors they are all water damaged) in but it was a 4 week wait to do it as its interstate and I cant take that much time off work to attempt it myself. I just thought sprucing it up might make for a shorter vacancy. When the next tenant leaves ill be more pre emptive on getting a new kitchen ready. I think it looks slightly better than what it did before. The photos look good but when you get close its patchy. I actually found using a normal roller did a better job than the semi gloss roller. Anyone experienced this? The new door knobs and oven will make it look flashy and at least semi modern. The best bit was the backing that is the first thing you see as you walk in so thats a bonus. Apart from that my tile cutter broke so I didn't end up tiling the whole floor I left any of the cuts and grouting for a tradesmen to do. All in all it was a 26 hour reno altogether. 12 hrs of driving, 2hrs sleep. Ill post more pics once the flooring is all done.

Attached Files:

JZ93, bob shovel and Johnny Cashflow like this.
  6. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Looks really good.