Painting Ceilings

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Allgood, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tobytom

Tobytom Well-Known Member

Question is really if it's rental or PPOR
    If it is PPOR use at the minimum a Low Sheen. Anything lower such as a Matt or a flat on a wall you will lose a high degree of wash ability. Only advantage to a flat/Matt on walls is due to the low sheen of the product will hide imperfections. Always use a flat finish on the ceiling- which all Ceiling Products are.

save some money on the Ceiling Product(how often do you wash the Ceilings) such as a trade product like Wattyl Professional Choice Ceiling or Haymes New Life Ceiling and spend the money on the product on the walls such as Wattyl Interior Design, Dulux 101 or Taubmans Endure

Hope this Helps

Allgood likes this.
  2. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

I've gone to soooo much trouble adding cornices to our house that never had them, but now the trend in display homes is a flush finish with no cornices!

3. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

Thanks Tobytom, This ones a PPOR and we're using a low sheen on the walls. We've gone with the dulux wash and wear. Is that any good?? For the ceilings we just did a standard ceiling paint. After all my stressing the 3RD COAT(!!) of the ceiling came up really well. It was in the kitchen/dining where there's a fair bit of light coming in, and the 2nd coat looked very average, but it's all happy now!

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Square set or shadow line (W moulding) has been used for several years. Next time I build I will go shadow line.

5. Tobytom

Tobytom Well-Known Member

Problem with glancing light can be a problem. Adding something like furniture can assist as the incoming light bounces of this not the substrate such as the ceiling but glad it's sorted. Wash and Wear is a good drop. You do pay for the Dulux Name- there is a reason Why they can advertise so much but a good product all the same

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia