Painter Recommendations for South West Brisbane

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Shady, 16th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Not much else to say...I need the whole house painted inside...Walls, Ceiling and Fixout....double whammy is the fixout is currently stained timber so will need stain blocker/sealer on first. Prefer enamel on all the trim.
    Can anyone recommend a reliable painter and a reasonable price. I have plans of helping out also so maybe looking for someone (or two) on a hourly rate.
    Located in Riverhills 4074

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Our painter has just done this for us. I will ask him if he is keen and let you know. He doesn't mind if we help either, charges a daily rate or can quote whole job. He's a gem.

Shady likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Have put this question to our painter. He has a few jobs lined up into January and he may get a big job that will put him out of auction for two months. Sorry.

Shady likes this.
  4. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Appreciate the help.

Just got one quote back from the PM recommended painter ...$9400 nearly fell off my chair. I cant say that I wasn't expecting a high quote though, this guy seemed to project manage his jobs and have his minions do the actual work.

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's the way it works one guy does all the quotes and is mobile ,the they employ only lic painters and the rest are 25 dollar brush hand from the casual section in gumtree..

6. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Painting Done....
    A few lessons learned

- Don't trust reviews on Service Seeking. Ive been told they all get their friends/family.
    I got stung by this as I went with one guy who had the best most reviews (24) and all positive.
    He turned up on Saturday to have a quick look and advise what paint and how much, all good, see you 7am Monday morning he said....2.30pm on Monday he turns up and says he had car troubles. He said dont worry about today I wont charge you but I'll see you at 7am tomorrow. He even leaves some tools on site so surely it's all good....Nope, the next day he's a no show again and no phone call. The next day his offsider turns up at 7am to collect his tools, no explanation.

So if you come across M&V Property Maintenance (Michael Irvine) RUN AWAY VERY FAST.

Second Lesson....don't jumped to conclusions..
    One guy who responded to my job on that website also called a few times to follow up. I checked him out but noticed his ABN had only been registered in Aug last year. Thought he must have been a noob and moved on....Anyway after spending 2 days on the phone trying to get painters on site to paint the house this guy is available and slightly cheaper than the first guy so I give him a go.
    He turns up 10 minutes early and straight away seems like a professional. Turns out he's been painting for 20 years and followed his son over from NZ last year hence why his ABN was only registered in Aug.
    This guys saves my bacon and he and his offsider get the whole interior of the house painted in just 3 long days. I should say that I spent the 3 days prior prepping and sealing the timber but these guys really hooked in.
    So if your looking for a painter in Brisbane look for KR Painting Services and give Kevin a call. I can highly recommend his services.

Andrew H likes this.
  7. DL18

DL18 Member

Could I pls have contact details of your painter? Thanks