Pain points to property investing

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Angus74, 20th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Angus74

Angus74 Member

Hey Guys,

Just generally interested in what are your typical pain points/problems/issues that you have experienced in your property investment journey. Open to hearing issues in regards to all areas such as buying, selling, researching, finance, portfolio management ect that you have found to have.

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Finance. I am a low spender for personal expenses and have never been able to borrow as much as I can afford to repay. That said, it's never really stopped me doing anything that I really wanted to do.

3. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Constantly paying for repairs and renovations on properties that my tenants live in (for legal, safety, or aesthetic reasons), when I can't afford to do the same work on my own place, so it looks like I live in a dump.

Kassy, Marg4000 and Perthguy like this.
  4. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Assuming that I will get a complete picture from reading posts on a forum that are each a few lines long. Went and started reading books (dozen so far and 3 more in the mail) and my entire understanding has changed in big fundamental ways. This forum is invaluable too, but it is not enough on it's own since a few lines of a post will lack the comprehensiveness of in depth explanations.

5. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Making sure I take the correct keys to the property.

6. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

This ^^^^^

Reading a book is like tapping into someone elses life experience for a few dollars and a few hours of your life. Audiobooks are even better for me.

7. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

Needing help & not knowing who to turn to and who to trust.

Anthony Brew likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.