Paid Subscription Tools

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Hodgo, 16th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Hodgo

Hodgo Well-Known Member

Hi all,

are any of these tools valuable for a RE investor and potential developer?...And I say "tools" as I know you simply don't make money just by using a search criteria then money comes rolling in, if it were that easy everyone would be doing it, just becasue you own a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter!

Property Investment Software | Real Estate Investar
    Archistar.ai | Find Profitable Development Sites & Generate Designs
    CoreLogic | Property Data Reports & Analytics Online - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Canberra & Hobart
    Blockbrief Home
    Home - Landgate

Are there any others I've left out? Of course I could add realestate.com.au...

Should I take the information supplied and used by these sites with a pinch of salt? An instructor on a webinar tonight didn't even know himself how to use his own search tools, yet he confessed several times this tool is all he needs and uses :(, more like he only makes money from selling his software.

thanks
    Dave

Last edited: 16th Apr, 2020
  2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I would recommend a paid subscription to all the sales data in the area you're operating in. Like Rpdata or pricefinder.

I just use them for the sales data and none of the other fancy stuff that comes attached I've found much use.

3. Hodgo

Hodgo Well-Known Member

thanks @thatbum

Anyone else used any of these other tools?

4. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

Wow I didn't think I'd see archistar.ai on here, I worked developing the UI last year! Rob and the team are fantastic, great little startup backed by a lot of big investors.

5. Hodgo

Hodgo Well-Known Member

It looks real nice, you done a great job with the UI. Do you use it for investing?

6. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

I wouldn't, it's more for extruding randomly generated DA approved plans in my opinion, that said you definitely could.

You can find a lot or combine multiple lots and generate say, X townhouses, X duplexes, X apartments with/without underground parking.

All lot data is from Corelogic anyway, existing property data is from domain.

I'd say it's more aimed at developers, although there's a fair amount of one off value if you're just developing yourself on a lot. Not to put anyone off, I'd check it out regardless it won't break bank...

[Edit] Check out the Feng Shui tool as well it's pretty interesting, was fun to build.

[Edit 2] just wanted to note this is my opinion on the software when I worked on it a year a go and what I saw in my ~6 month stint, I'd say a lot has changed and it would have improved 10 fold they're on to something game changing IMHO, definitely try it out of its something of interest to you.

Last edited: 19th Apr, 2020

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia