"Over 5 years experience"

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Bendigus, 13th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. pully

pully Well-Known Member

I think she is appealing her conviction but nevertheless I do not think she should work unless closely supervised and not in property management. deception for personal gain at a young age difficult to know where she could be placed.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Everyone appeals a conviction. The jails are full of them.

3. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

I don't condone her actions, but think it's a bit stiff she gets sent to prison - meanwhile the likes of Belle Gibson gets monetary penalties... which she hasn't paid back and her scam was literally making headlines internationally and stealing millions of dollars.

For fraudulently taking $42k, she deserves prison - but there's countless others that have done much worse (look at the amount of agents who have stolen hundreds of thousands in trust money and not only didn't get a prison sentence, but some still manage to work in the industry) and walk away reasonably unscathed.

She made a mistake, a BIG one. I don't necessarily think she should be a PM because our industry already has a bad enough name - however I also don't believe her mistake should define the rest of her life and having this out in the news is something that will stick with her the rest of her life.

100% she was old enough to know what she was doing was wrong and should be held accountable to her actions, she deserves to serve her time, pay back the money, lose some friends and family members - but she doesn't deserve to have her life ruined.

Side note, she could've had over 5 years experience in real estate. Wouldn't surprise me if she started in a reception position and went on multiple overseas holidays to party. Not a complete lie because she was still in the industry. Or you know, she may have lied about her experience as well - you don't really know.

Tom Rivera and kierank like this.