VIC Over 10 business days and property manager forgot exit report

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Satish N, 2nd Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Satish N

Satish N Member

Hi Everyone,

It has been over 10 business days since my lease has ended, and I have still not yet received a bond claim form from the property manager.

I followed this up with an email to the property manager, and he finally replied today and advised that he 'completely forgot', and will have the exit report done 'tomorrow'.

However, since it has been over 10 business days, and I left the apartment in a 'clean' condition, can I request that the property manager send me the bond claim form now, as it has been such a lengthy period of time? I also returned the keys 4 days earlier than the last day of lease.

My understanding is that the landlord has 10 business days after the lease ends to submit a bond claim? Is this true?

Thanks so much!

2. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

Can you not claim the bond yourself instead of waiting? I know you can here in NSW and in QLD?

I hope you have images of the property in the state you left it 10 days ago in case the agent does want to claim for cleaning..

3. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  4. JoannaK

JoannaK Well-Known Member

Just claim the bond yourself.

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia