Oven recommendations

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Angel, 2nd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I've been at the townhouse all day while it is vacant and decided we cannot stand the sight of the 1988 oven a minute longer. Despite the agents suggesting we would not get any higher rent with a kitchen reno, we want to at least put in a new oven next weekend and make the new cabinet for it. The old oven is much larger so it will not be a straight exchange.

Yes, I already have a Bosch stove and it is amazing. Would you consider any other brands, as Bosch is a tad closer to $1000 than I would like to spend. 600 mm wide maximum.

What about getting a microwave/convection oven to replace it? It is a tiny kitchen and the townhouse is suitable for a small household rather than a large family.

2. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Sounds like a combined oven/grill wall unit, I have one in a property also.

Whilst it will require alterations to cabinetry I'll likely be installing something like >This <

Or a standard upright like >This <

3. rhinsor

rhinsor Well-Known Member

I got a Westinghouse oven/grill for my rental last year as it was the best for fitting and price.
    Maybe go second hand if you don't want to spend a lot.
    Also get a close fit since it saves you money not having to modify the cabinet.

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm fairly sure that Bosch was the brand an oven repairer said was a good choice as he rarely needs to repair them.

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

We bought a Westinghouse ($699) and it fits straight into the existing space. We then built a melamine microwave cabinet to fit above the new wall oven, just need to get the sparkie out later this week. It would all be finished except Mark has to get one more length of aluminium trim and cut it to size to complete the edging around the old front that was around the old taller oven. New tenant moves in on Friday.

IMG_20150809_132038.jpg

Gockie likes this.
  6. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

I just had a 2.5 yo Samsung fail in a very strange way (wouldn't go over 160 degrees) if it helps. To their credit, they fixed it although they were reluctant.

7. Michael Gill

Michael Gill New Member

Try IKEA - sounds strange I know but they are made by Bosch and come with a 5yr warranty! Great for IPs.

Chilliblue and wylie like this.
  8. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

@Michael I'm pretty sure the IKEA ovens are made by Electrolux not Bosch. The 5 year warranty is a winner though

vtt

9. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I think some electrolux and bosch products are made in the same factory (some not all) and they are very similar.

10. neK

neK Well-Known Member

The cheaper Bosch stuff (the 2 entry model ovens) are made in Spain.

Electrolux / Westinghouse are made in straya

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia