VIC Outer East Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MTR, 16th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Thanks @MrFox appreciate it

MrFox likes this.
  2. MrFox

MrFox Well-Known Member

I have a bank val from middle of 2014 for the house in Templestowe at $850,000. It's worth around $1,300,000 now. The prices have gone through the roof.

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

its posts like these that I ask myself, was my cheapie decision worth the hassles and headaches,

I had almost a million cash when I started buying my IPs, however poor serviceability, ie Iwas able to get multiple $250k loans but probably not a $500k loan

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

don't worry, you get a second chance, that is why I mentioned sell the lot some time ago in the thread you started regarding your cheapies. Sometimes its best to take your money off the table and re-tweak the strategy and start making money today.

Some investors will be chasing their tail for $2000 cash flow pa and that is at today's interest rates, holly molly, how many of these will one need to retire???they have completely ignored where the real money is. I completely understand we need cash flow, but capital first is what will make investors rich.

MTR:)

5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member

Anyone also familiar with Ringwood North? Would you recommend it for buy & hold? Have been to auctions in the area and has got a lot of owner occupier appeal. Would you see potential for an IP there considering that is not in the Ringwood secondary school zone? Ringwood is unfortunately out of my budget (median on 900k atm for a 3 1 1)

6. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

sometimes risk vs return - i personally don't see the point for e.g. having a 8-10 properties 3 million portfolio and see lacklustre growth. rather have a handful of managable investments even if they're a bit more exp. then again if you increase the magnitude as x 100 to 200 Ips lke nathan birch then that is a different ball game. like @MTR mentioned chasing the 2-3K maybe for some but if you have 1 mil in cash why not just buy 2 outright in sydney and just wait it out.

hard to judge these posts as the suburbs mentioned doncaster & east, templestowe, ringwood are all asian demographic targeted suburbs. So it with new money into the areas - it's not suprising that the suburb would rise just i didn't expect it to boom that much.

7. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

ringwood & north already boomed. with the SC, will definitely see some growth - however . i remember the times my friend bought there for 250K and i thought that was expensive years ago.

MTR likes this.
  8. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Is Melbourne near the top of its cycle? With these new lowest ever interest rates how does the old cycle of past compare to new cycles?
    Are there cycles anymore or is this uncharted territory.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Gone ballistic, in particular development sites.
    I think last year a deve sold sold for $1.2M many Asians been buying these.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

The market today is actually fallen back from this time last year, however in saying this the fundamentals in Melb are still solid/strong, ie low interest rate environment, strong demand from investors/FHB, low stock.

I think when markets have been very strong 3 years+ then you need to be cautious as to where and what you are buying.

I know some investors who are currently buying in Melb but they are savvy they are buying properties which already have plans and permits in place with skin the game or just buying properties which still have value.

These are much harder to find because you need to network with the right agents and its a matter of you scratch my back and I will scratch yours.

MTR:)

11. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Going by auction results weekly it seems stronger than this time last year, I know these results can be skewed and not relied upon but median prices are still rising in many areas, and stock is low. So I say it's probably better now than last year. Also going by some off the re valued homes people are mentioning. Markets still hot.

12. Banister

Banister Member

What is your budget. There are part of Ringwood you can get 3br for well under 900K. What land size are you looking for?

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am a believer:)

14. erorxxx

erorxxx Well-Known Member

15. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

16. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

Deceased estate as well, only 1 photo of the interior on the listing; given it last sold in 1979 for $36,000 I'm guessing most of the house was in original condition and surviving family wanted a quick sale.

Not much in Allendale pushes past $600k...