Outdoor tiles/pavers under Pergola

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by SouthBoy, 1st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. SouthBoy

SouthBoy Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I am installing a pergola about 30sqm in size and looking to put some sturdy and easy to clean outdoor tiles/slats. As my house is built using those yellow bricks and they are exposed externally, I was thinking of using sandstone pavers as they will complement the yellow brick and the 'sandbank' colorbond roof I am using. Have anyone used these under a pergola? Could you suggest any other options out there. Where can I find some good quality outdoor tiles in Southwest Sydney?

Thanks

2. magpieseason

magpieseason Well-Known Member

Yellow brick,yellow roof and yellow pavers.
    Too much yellow for my liking.How about a contrast color. Black, (might get hot) brown or red?
    Amber tiles have a few outlets around SW, Mount Pritchard, Penrith are a couple.

wylie likes this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Maybe something in a charcoal tone so it won't show the dirt or spills that sandstone would (which also requires sealing occasionally). 2nd vote for Amber Tiles.

4. SouthBoy

Thanks Guys, come to think of it a darker shade might be a better option. I will pop into the closest Amber Tiles store and check out their collection.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Yep - I'm with Magpie - don't try and match, contrast in a complimentary colour. Amber will let you bring a few different ones home to see how they match.

Either got darker (charcoal if in shade) or lighter (cream but may have to seal). Pavers would be cheaper than tiles, and you can lay them yourself.

Personally I'm a decking lover, and now you can buy those self levelling decking systems from Bunning that need only be a few mm off the ground and no footings ... although I'd by the legs and build my own deck on top rather than the prefab squares.

wylie and EN710 like this.
  6. SouthBoy

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Very nice - are they a tile or a paver?

8. SouthBoy

it says concrete paver.

Lizzie likes this.
  9. SouthBoy

just went to the closest Amber and checked out the tiles, the 'Timberdeck tiles were nothing like the ones I saw on web. Very rough, wouldn't be suitable for the kids to run around. Looked through their the other tiles, only one jumped out.(see below). But unfortunately have to wait for 2 weeks, for this.

Travertine | Amber Tiles | Ambertiles

10. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Beaumont tiles, pacific tiles at sefton, there are a few tile places on Cumberland highway in Smithfield aswell.

11. SouthBoy

12. George Trian

George Trian New Member

Love to buy cheap tiles but not for my own house. I sourced my limestone pavers from Armstone in Glebe. this place is so boutique and amazing

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.