Out of the rat race...finally!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mitesh Dedhia, 9th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mitesh Dedhia

Mitesh Dedhia Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just thought I’d update those who I have had the pleasure of meeting through property meetings and hopefully give a little inspiration to those who I haven’t yet had the opportunity to meet, but eventually will!

Last week marked a new beginning for me. After over 11 years in the same job, with the same company – I made the decision to quit to focus on my goal of becoming self employed and an entrepreneur. I am now a Finance Broker (yes another broker!) of my own company. It was an easy decision to make but daunting as our baby girl was due to come into the world just weeks after handing in the letter that no boss wants to see. It was a no brainer for me given my background in finance as a CPA and my passion for property investment and development. I must admit though - Had I not been exposed to the personal development material (thanks @Leo2413) I wouldn’t have been empowered to take the leap and perhaps had just stayed where I was, comfortably earning the same 6 figure income and parking in the same car park on level 4 closest to the lifts.

Leading up the big ‘Open for business’ day – friends, family, ex colleagues, acquaintances and even strangers, gave me warm leads and referrals. Needless to say it was all happening! I felt very overwhelmed at how much support I got from those who say they can only dream of quitting their job and going out on their own.

In short what I want to say is you don’t have to follow your dream only when you become financially free. You can do it now! It starts with thinking about it, getting emotionally attached to the idea and acting on the tasks that will get you that step closer.

733, House, teetotal and 16 others like this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Inspiring post @Mitesh Dedhia. Really great stuff. Congratulations on your new born as well! It's all happening for you mate :) Its stories such as yours which are really uplifting. Your courage, bravery and passion for chasing your dream is utterly inspiring.

Wish you all the best mate.

Last edited: 9th Feb, 2016
  3. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

4. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Too True. Design your life to do something you are comfortable and happy with every day while putting a quid in your back pocket.

Congratulations on the bub and new journey!

Mitesh Dedhia likes this.
  5. Mitesh Dedhia

Thanks Guys

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! @Mitesh Dedhia well done for taking the step. It reminds me of what happened more than 5 years ago. Haven't looked back since! Keep us posted on the firm's progress.

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

8. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Congratulations Mitesh
    Welcome to the world of freedom where you only work 80 hours week ;)

fols, Mitesh Dedhia, Biz and 4 others like this.
  9. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

Good luck Mitesh.

Mitesh Dedhia and Xenia like this.
  10. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Good luck Mitesh, hope you kill the competition! arh, apart from the brokers on PC.

Mitesh Dedhia and Jess Peletier like this.
  11. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Very inspiring Mitesh. Congratulations on taking control and living your passion. All the best mate.

12. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Good Luck Mitesh.!!

Great to see you have taken control of your own destiny with your new business

Last edited: 10th Feb, 2016
  13. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Congratulations on taking the leap @Mitesh Dedhia :) I know you're going to do very well as a broker (and in many other areas) and wish you all the best.

It's a good feeling to spread the wings and fly free!

You highlight an important point on personal development too. Had I not started working on myself; learning; growing and expanding my thinking, I'd have stayed in a safe and comfortable job for goodness knows how long. Sometimes we need a shift in thinking to go after what we want most in life!

14. Mitesh Dedhia

@Steven Ryan - Thanks. You are an inspiration and a great guy to talk to.

@Coota9 @York @BigKahuna @Leo2413 thanks for the kind words.

@datto your posts are always entertaining and make me laugh every time I read them.

@Xenia Thanks :) This is the end goal 80 >60 >40 >20 > $$ when zzzz

Thanks @Azazel
    @Redom it was great chatting to you and I will have achieved my goal if just half as successful as you have been

@larrylarry yes will definately keep you updated. What sort of business are you in?

Phantom and BigKahuna like this.
  15. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

Mitesh, congratulations. Hope to see you around a catch up in Melbourne sometime......

16. Mitesh Dedhia

@S0805 yes I'll be attending Melbourne meet ups more often

17. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

@Mitesh Dedhia what was your handle on ss? I remember talking to you years ago.

Congratulations and all the best.

18. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Congratulations mate!

However earning "same 6 figure salary" I don't think is a tipping point for changing careers. Plenty of members on here earning much less than that.

19. Mitesh Dedhia

Yes I remember talking to you too Hodge re property development. My ss handle was Teshy

Hodge likes this.
  20. Mitesh Dedhia

Thanks Greyghost. I agree completely and plenty of people I know/talk to at meet ups want a passive income of atleast $100k for comfortable leaving.

Greyghost likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.