Our Families Xmas Philanthropy 2015

Discussion in 'Philanthropy' started by Chilliblue, 4th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

My husband and I made a decision when first married that our position in life was extremely better than many so each year instead of buying a present for ourselves we donate/use that money for our chosen charities.

I thought this year in the hope of inspiring someone else to do the same, I would share our donations.

My daughter has donated a backpack full of stationary items that a girl going to high school next year would need along with a few bits of jewellery and a Katy Perry perfume.

My son has decided that Beyblades are making a comeback and has donated a Beyblade stadium along with several Beyblades to a boy of his age.

My husband has donated to the Matthew Talbot Hostel bags of underwear, singlets, soaps, shampoos, shavers, deodorants, tooth brushes, toothpaste, notepads, pens and packets of dried fruit and confectionery.

I have done something similar for a local women's refuge centre with a focus on women's products and two boxes of newborn nappies.

ellejay, Adele, Beanie Girl and 7 others like this.
  2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Chilliblue - that's an awesome gesture.

I don't celebrate X-mas however @monalisa and I walked into the local Target store and collected toys for at least 10 kids and gave for their X-mas appeal. Target wrap it up.

Good idea that you do it for all ages.

Who do you hand this to? I wonder if there is a possibility to give to the women & children refuges on the back of the big news on domestic violence these days and the need to help these people who may currently be significantly helpless

Congrats again on your generosity!

3. Chilliblue

My husbands goes to Matthew Talbot, mine and the kids to a local women's refuge centre.

Great work to you @MsAli and @monalisa for your contribution. Every little bit helps.

Beanie Girl, Xenia and Property Twins like this.
  4. Property Twins

Cheers @Chilliblue . Will look up where the closest refuges are..

I also love the work done by the Australian Childhood Foundation. Their focus is helping children traumatised by family violence and child abuse.

Xenia likes this.
  5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Chilli that is awesome and so much thought has gone into those donations. I'm sure some teenager somewhere would be thrilled to bits to recieve that backpack. Plus all the other stuff.

Kudos to you and family.

We have various charities through our businesses but no where near as thoughtful as you, we just send money through eft.

May it all come back to you 100 fold.

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

We have been getting our daughter to get something from the pantry for each day of December(we added some extra things for her, toiletries etc) she's loved it . We'll drop it off tomorrow to the salvos to pass on to a family

ellejay, Beanie Girl and Chilliblue like this.
  7. Patamea

Patamea Well-Known Member

Hi @MsAli Parrahouse which is a youth refuge run by Parramatta Mission did not receive any Christmas donations this year.... If you were thinking of buying gifts appropriate for 11-17 year olds I know they would really appreciate it :)

Beanie Girl and Property Twins like this.
  8. Property Twins

Thanks @Patamea . Although I've done the same at Target, I will check these guys out!

9. Chilliblue

Another easy thing to do is to save up all your unused toiletries from your accommodation over the year and drop those off to your local mission or refuge.

Xenia and MTR like this.
  10. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Bran likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia