Our before and after Reno video

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Angel13, 3rd May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel13

Angel13 Well-Known Member

I wanted to share a fun little before and after vid of our Reno.

We were able to turn it all around from selling the property at a loss unrenovated (We paid too much for it back in 2011) to making a reasonable profit after the cosmetic Reno. We did all the work ourselves. No trades except electrical. It took about 2 1/2 months to complete.

Rather than paying for home staging I styled it myself as (I love styling anyway). Borrowed and bought new furniture for the staging as all my lovely furniture is locked and stored away in a shipping container (that's another story).

Since contracts exchange I've managed to sell off most of the things I bought. I'm keeping all the Sheridan though

We received a full price offer 2 days after listing it. It settles tomorrow.

I've got the bug now. I would love to flip properties for a living. Only if stamp duty was not so expensive.

Tranquilo and Perthguy like this.
  2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Ha- that was an epic clip.

Nice job! It looks like a similar layout to a place my wife and I renovated in Calwell, ACT.

Cheers

Jamie