Ouch

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by qak, 13th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. qak

qak Well-Known Member

How are have the equity portfolios held up this week?
    Mine's down 18%

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Don't know as I haven't bothered for yonks to check on the way up so I apply the same principle the other way.

I assume both the SMSF and personal holdings have been revalued downwards in price by bucket loads.

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Depending on what happens tonight and the flow through Monday then it's running just above 32 percent ..

Not intending to sell anything or buy just do nothing ,once you go through this several times in your life and know the outcomes from every other time as the div's start in about 2 weeks ..

Leeroy93, qak and AndyPandy like this.
  4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

The percentages dont mean much if you are putting new money in, you dont need the money in the short term and its money than doesnt have margin calls. Buy with an expectation of not looking for 5 years.

5. ChrisP73

ChrisP73 Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see what happens to earnings and divs over the next 24 months.

Silverson and Islay like this.
  6. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Same as everyone else no doubt, though do you mean on purchase price or falls from peak?

What has been interesting is I have taken less of a hit on my Asian and US holdings. Still down of course but for US in particular the fall in Aussie dollar has offset some if the losses. A couple of the Australian LICs also seem to have fared a bit better than the index as well.

AU index, Japan and Euro all smashed.

7. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Oh, the 18% was from peak, thankfully. Haven't looked at my super though, but it is in a 'balanced option' so hopefully less volatile.

10 years to retirement, so not panicking, not selling, just a bit of a painful feeling.

8. Properwin

Properwin Active Member

I moved all of my shares into cash last week, so I've missed the major dips. May move it into property later.