OTP options upgrades

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Stoffo, 16th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

For those that have bought OTP

Did you get much "say" in how your appartment/home was finished ?

Were you given options on things like carpet, tile choice or splash back colour?

Were there "upgrades" offered at a price ?

We have a 2x2x2 apartment due for compettion in August
    Not adverse to spending a few extra $$$s, but to date very little info from the developer :(

2. Agent30yrs.

Agent30yrs. Well-Known Member

Those sort of options are usually always available (some cost some dont) and agreed on at contract time. Depending on the size of the development, changing a tile color this late in a project is not just as easy as someone sending an email - It can be costly ....speak to the sales or developer contact

DaveM likes this.
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Spot on... whats in the selections/contract is what you get. That being said, if its a small change at no cost to the developer eg you elect to supply different tiles at your own cost, then these can generally be accomodated

4. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

My experience was there was zero say. I wanted floorboards to be installed in my current PPOR, so approached the developer when the building was under construction. The options I proposed were:

1. Pay $ more to have floorboards instead of carpet
    2. Be allowed early access for tradies to come in and install floorboards instead of carpet, thus saving the developer cost of laying the carpet in the first place.
    3. Handover property without carpet

Every single option was rejected. In the end had to rip up the brand new carpet after settlement to get the job done.

5. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

There is usually a couple of colour schemes that you can choose from and this includes things like flooring colour, colour of kitchen cabinets, benchtop, etc. I would presume there are no options for your development which is why they haven't asked you