Other Asset Classes topics

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Simon Hampel, 30th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Pleep

Pleep Well-Known Member

Ok I see. Thanks I didn’t realise your earlier post covered that (the one about hiding the stuff you’re not interested in).
    No problem this site is worth 1 or 2 more clicks!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Well - they are two separate functions really:

1. hide things you don't want to see (on a fairly granular level) from new posts search
    2. allow users to show only "property" or only "shares" related threads in the new posts search

You could in theory configure #1 to act like #2, but the point is that you don't have to.

Pleep likes this.
  3. Sticky

Sticky Well-Known Member

+1

Please let me know if you work out a way

Gestalt and Pleep like this.
  4. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

I have terrible email management skills and everything sits in my inbox. I was expecting the same (like before) and not too many sub forums. But .. it's me.

5. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

So many comments I’d like to make lately but they’re likely too small potentially for a separate topic but not acceptable in a general thread so I don’t bother. Maybe it’s a geriatric thing, but if it requires too much thinking it’s just not gonna happen! Not meant to be a criticism of the forum direction but probably myself. I like free flowing conversation mode which the original format allowed and differentiated it from other forums. I expect I’ll probably just fade into the background over time which I’m sure will please a number of members here:). According to my wife I talk too much which I’m sure many will agree:oops:.

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

That is kind of the purpose of the general thread though, right? For small talk and minor discussions which don't necessarily deserve their own thread?

If those comments develop into a meaningful discussion, then I can just split them into a new thread - but otherwise, you can just chat away to your heart's content in the general threads.

The conversational thing you seem to enjoy is fine for those people who are here right now - but not as useful for those who come next week or next month. It's like having a chat at the pub - if you weren't there and weren't part of the conversation, you miss out.

I think we can add value to more people than that - and that is my mission here - to educate people and add value to the investment community. I hope you see the value in doing that too.

trinity168 likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.