QLD Ormiston QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by 1hive, 6th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. 1hive

1hive Member

About to purchase PPOR in this pocket (it ticks a lot of our family must have boxes in terms of schooling, socio-economic, lifestyle, etc...).

With all the talk about rates going up, market corrections, etc.. and the fact that Brisbane is really lagging in growth (Ormiston hasn't really done anything on the median price since 2006).

Whilst we need somewhere to live and the area is very appealing to us, I will be relying on savings + equity to purchase future IPs - I suppose what I'm asking is whether this area has any growth in it in the next 6 years (kids will be done with schooling)?

Any thoughts on the area/suburb?

Appreciate in advance

2. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

I really like ormiston
    This forum is very brisbane centric so yiu wont get much off here
    Close to good schools, the bay, next to cleveland and wello point.
    It has moved though
    We inspected a 3 bed highset with pool in immaculate condition a few years ago - priced at 400k
    Cant see anything even remotely in that price range now , except for the odd shack or tiny brick project home on half a block

3. Magoo

Magoo Well-Known Member

Nice spot Ormiston, one of the best performers in Redlands for CG

4. Alfiesausagedog

Alfiesausagedog Well-Known Member

I used to live in Ormiston, anywhere north of Sturgeon St should perform very well. Along with parts of Wellington Point it's one of the nicest areas of Brisbane.

5. 1hive

1hive Member

Thanks for the replies, good to hear positive feedback.

The property is north of Sturgeon St and west of Wellington St, so pretty much in the prime pocket of Ormiston (land component is small, but then again it is one of the worse houses in one of the best streets, so should be ok).

Appreciate your responses.

Gockie likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.