NSW Orange

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Arashi87, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

You can stop at the biggest tourist attraction in town... the Big Orange. It has a great souvenir shop that sells orange juice, orange tarts, orange cakes and orange paint... kidding :rolleyes:o_O:D

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

yeah, it would have to be "the big apple" as that is what is grown a lot.

3. dabbler

See some of the links below, a few weeks ago they had some restored steam train that was going back and forth to some local towns (I am not a buff so do not know much more) there is also a lot of historic buildings and churches & are lit up at night, will see if I can find some snaps I took if I get time and remember.

It is very colourful at certain times of year too as seasons change.

Orange Area - Accommodation, Maps, Attractions & Events

Unearth Orange NSW | Central NSW Tourism

The Top 10 Things to Do in Orange - TripAdvisor

Orange NSW Activities, Attractions. What to see and do in Orange NSW & surrounding areas, Central Tablelands, Central West NSW Australia.

What's On in Orange

Orange Region Farmers Market

4. lewy89

lewy89 Well-Known Member

I grew up in Orange. Great memories of heading to Lake Canobolas and out to Ophir to go camping. Ophir is interesting because it is an old gold mine with tunnels leading everywhere, was very cool to go exploring as a kid.

Other than that there is not a great deal. I spent the majority of my time running around with my mates outside or playing sport. DOES get cold. Real cold.

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Sounds fabulous. That's the kind of place we like to explore as a family. We prefer the outdoors. I work in CBD 5 days a week and greenery always makes me happy.

Maybe spring will be a good time to visit. Kids schedule limit our weekend travels.

6. dabbler

it would be different if you were here for a few week now maybe, I used to come through Orange 2-3 decades ago, it was just another town, now with all the chain stores, cafes and food, it is becoming trendy now, you can easily see the difference to other towns.

7. larrylarry

I always like the country feel.

8. dabbler

it is def country with the country bumpkins, but then you have a bunch well to do city people here as well, so it really is becoming the best (and worst) of both worlds, but I see a lot of improving going on.

There really is not much to dislike, apart from what it can cost to eat out in some places and when the traffic means it takes you and extra few mins to get across town :)

larrylarry likes this.
  9. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

@larrylarry Spring is a great time to visit Orange if you do not like the cold. I quite like the cold weather, so i do not mind getting out and about in the fresh weather.
    In spring the town is great, with all the tree lined streets. Lots of cafes and restaurants. Also have a few events like food and wine week with all the wineries and restaurants setting up in the town park with some bands. Is a great family event, you really get to see how many young families are out and about (maybe not much better to do in winter than making babies???).
    Mount Canobolas and Ophir are bothe great to explore, particularly camping at Ophir. There are a few lakes/dams a little further out if you want to see and a good little cafe at lake canobolas (fairly close to town).

10. larrylarry

Thanks @Ardi my kids are now excited. Thinking Dubbo and Orange in a single trip.

Allgood likes this.