NSW Orange

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Arashi87, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Arashi87

Arashi87 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me about investing in Orange and their infrastructure or planning?

Cheers
    Alan

2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I have one in Orange, I was talking to my PM today and the rental market is pretty soft at the moment with plenty of vacancies. I personally haven't had any vacancies recently but rents are not rising from what I can ascertain.

3. Arashi87

Arashi87 Well-Known Member

Farms and shops are on sell haha

4. macca446

macca446 Member

I had 2 properties in orange I have sold 1 for 9 years and another for 2 years and in this time although rental market is soft I rarely had vacancies but CG is very slow imo.
    macca446

5. 380

380 Well-Known Member

its cold In orange.. weather & prop market!

Ardi likes this.
  6. Adrianz

Adrianz Active Member

From speaking with real estate agents, demand has been fairly soft with some household prices dropping (3 and 4 bed houses) from 2013 till now.

Possibly due to vendors wanting to sell but lack of buyer's interest.

7. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

Spot on comment right here! Just flew back to orange yesterday.

8. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Any bargains?

Dean Collins likes this.
  9. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

why were you there? looking to buy or sell?

10. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

No i actually live there. Have been away for work

Dean Collins likes this.
  11. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

You can look up what is there and the council website will show planning.

The latest change is Bunnings built a new warehouse, it is huge, about 4 times size of existing one, the down side is they are not keeping the other one open :(

It is like everything else, you have to check things out on the ground so you know what is a good buy, what is not, where to buy etc

You can do very well yield wise, CG is slow ATM, there is lot of new builds, has been a lot of housing stock sold off, so demand is far from great.

There is a lot of interest in federation type places, but all I see is lot of maintenance :)

What are you looking for, what budget ?

you hanging around over the weekend...

12. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

Sure am, hopefully will get a week or so at home

13. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Values at the lower end seem to be rising. I got valuations done on my properties there and they've gone up in the past few months.

HUGH72 likes this.
  14. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Is there still plenty of ex HC stock around? I haven't been following closely but I thought once they stop being sold off to OOers it might give a kick to the bottom end of the market.

15. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

The ex HC OO stuff is still selling cheaply in comparison to properties on the open market. I haven't seen too many lately though.

16. dabbler

They are all over the shop, and only takes one of the drongo agents to list at a low price and bam....there goes your val !

17. dabbler

Still a few around with the caveats, but they are being sold by owners, probably after they realise the calibre of some of those close by are :)

If they have no caveat and not bad location, then you do not see them at 150 much any more, but Orange can be such a weird market due to some of the agents and buyers.

I see places that should have sold 3 times over in the space they have been advertised, then you see something smack bang in the housing area sold by a better agent quickly, I saw one get a very good price recently and still had caveat, but it was neat and a good floor plan an no remaining housing neighbors.

Had a few agents lately say Sydney investors are turning up, not sure why ATM, rental market is pretty poor already, but is better at the low end right now. Surely they are not going for CG ATM.

HUGH72 likes this.
  18. larrylarry

What's there to do in Orange? Thinking we as a family should visit by car.

19. dabbler

Larrylarry, well, depends I suppose on what you want to do as a family.

Last week or week before place was inundated with families that were there for sport, lot of socce games played there, you can go to the mountains, there are vineyards and orchards, some orchard you can do picking (one of our family members takes family there for this I am told)

Lot of cafe's, theer are shops too that even are open on weekends (but you can do that anywhere) lot of food options, but be prepared to pay, you can just go travelling around some of the local places and look at the countryside.

You can of course go looking at opens on Saturdays, but not all agents hold them and they pretty much finished by 1 or so for most.

You can buy produce on the way in and they have markets too that I have not been too, before you hit Orange there is a great place to get honey in all different flavours and types.

Would be a lot I do not know about, as basically I am usually pre occupied when there.

Should be up there this weekend again, but won't be eating out every night & also local @Ardi might have some other info, it is forecast to be cold this weekend, who knows, may even snow again, I would say the mountains will get some possibly.

20. larrylarry

Fabulous. Can't do this weekend. Looks like September will allow us some breather.