NSW Oran Park

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Frank Manno, 22nd May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Frank Manno

Frank Manno Well-Known Member

Whats everyones opinions on Oran Park? Seems to be one of Sydney's hottest growth suburbs right now.. Worth investing in? I know everyone is saying don't invest in Sydney but this suburb seems to be growing..

I was thinking of neighbouring Gregory Hills too...

-Frank

2. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

It seems to have had its growth by now. What's left is might just be the last squeeze of juice out of it.
    You can probably get better gains in outer Melbourne suburbs with similar profile to Oran Park or Gregory hills.
    Research smart !! Invest smarter !!

3. Frank Manno

Frank Manno Well-Known Member

But what about all this govt spending on a school there and all this expected growth that they are predicting.. .. I'm thinking, families need to live somewhere and Oran park is probably a lot of people's only option.

Could it have a few more years growth still? I'm hoping 5 year plan.. Buy now off plan sell in 5 years.

-Frank

4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

5. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Should fertiliser hit oscillator, places like Oran Park would be the hardest hit.

This has been seen time and time again in Ireland, the USA, Perth and Darwin....The Brand new suburbs in whoop whoop cop the brunt of the housing crash.

Seeing as Sydney is either at, close, or post peak (depending on who you ask).......

Cmelderis, Ted Varrick and Zoolander like this.
  6. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I could not stop laughing !

Cmelderis likes this.
  7. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

There is a lot happening around there. I don't think people can fully appreciate it unless they are from the area. It's what the north west was 15 years ago. The pipeline of projects is impressive.

BUT there is also huge land supply and a lot of it is owned by the same people so they will just continue to cut up paddock after paddock as required whenever they like. Buying now I suspect in 10 years you'll be left with a property barely worth much more than it is now and completely clapped out by short term tenants. A lot of people only rent for 12 months there as they are building themselves so you have to deal with that and a constantly expanding rental pool as more 4 2 2's come on the market month after month. Next!

As I mentioned in the other thread, currently 64 properties for rent just in Oran park and it isn't even that big yet. Still heaps to come online there, Catherine field and Gregory Hills. Not to mentioned everything also happening around Austral and Leppington.

8. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

There are loads of houses for sale too.

9. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Yep, and they all seem to be listed by the same two agents. I wonder how what the OO:Investor composition looks. At least when new apartments go online the agent lists only a couple of bedroom variations and opens up the full range once enquiries come in- makes the unit seem more scarce for applicants.

10. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

The demand seems to be there now and you might make some coin in 5 years but long term I don't think it will perform very well. If you want to make some cash in the next five years and you looking to invest +\- 800k, I think you could find a better vehicle than Oran Park. Melbourne, Brisbane or Hobart are your best prospects of growth in the next 5.

Frank Manno and hammer like this.
  11. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

12. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

13. icic

icic Well-Known Member

14. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I live around Penrith NSW and every time I pass by oran Park It suprises me as it just keep growing

15. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

16. icic

icic Well-Known Member

lol, way over the top with that fob style. I know a few that will dig it thought.. gota admit good choice of real estate agent location wise for that that kinda stock...

L3ha7 likes this.
  17. HGM

HGM Well-Known Member

qak likes this.
  18. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Hard to argue that the guy who used to live there might be having a big "welcome Back!" party on the 3rd day of Easter...

19. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

I heard a rumour that federal govt may be relocating to oran park. Is this for real?

Can you imagine turnbull showing up to that s...hole for work? Ha ha ha!

But seriously, is this really happening?

20. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

never heard that... some agent probably said that who has interests in the area