Options in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by John77, 29th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pool100

pool100 Member

I'd rather look at Werribee and surrounds especially the area accessible to both Werribee and Wyndham vale train stations. Prices are lower than point cook with more upside potential assuming the whole area appreciates in tandem.

You can be in the CBD in 30min if you hop onto a train from wyndham vale. And there's easy freeway access and you can be in the city within 30min if traffic is ok.

MikeyBallarat and Scott Townsend like this.
  2. Scott Townsend

Scott Townsend Well-Known Member

Werribee does seem well priced. Fairly low rent it seems and a lot of product available in the 3 bedroom sector.

Last edited: 3rd Jan, 2017
  3. Debz

Debz Active Member

Interesting reading about Point Cook here because when i was sourcing land back in 2009 to build our PPOR i drove to Point Cook and back then i chose to buy land in Epping instead mainly because of the land price difference and i preferred the Epping surrounds to Point Cook, plus i ended up working in Epping soon after so was a real bonus. Paid $160k for 540m2 back then, these days its $300k+ easy for 500m2. A 699m2 block sold for $520k recently, just insane.

4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

You mean 'fullly shick bro"???

5. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Point Cook (and other new suburbs in the Wyndham area) are a tough sell if you can find something in Werribee south side for a good price.