Opportunity is knocking!

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Jess Peletier, 15th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

Hopefully more buying opportunities here.

Do you have a link?

2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I'm an amatuer too.

I just bought a chunk of an ETF that I usually buy each month. I think it's good value and the intention has always been to buy and hold.

I also purchased some more bank shares today too.

It's far from advice though! I have nothing to back up my purchases other than feeling optimistic about the future....and knowing that these are long term buy and holds.

Cheers

Jamie

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Opportunity has definitely come knocking. Hopefully it wont knock me out before I cash out. A long journey to go. It's been an adventure thus far.

iloveqld likes this.
  5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Warren Buffett May Become World’s Richest Man - He Just Needed Another Crisis

With $128 billion in cash reserves, Buffett can make an elephant-sized acquisition and more. His moves in the coming months will put him in a great position to potentially dethrone Jeff Bezos and reclaim the richest man in the world title.

upload_2020-4-13_12-22-6.png

Perthguy, Player and mrdobalina like this.
  6. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

He’s been selling Delta and Bank of New York last month apparently

iloveqld and David_SYD like this.
  7. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

They say cash is king in downturns. BRK are in a great position to take advantage of cheap acquisition targets with their huge pile of cash.

8. Omnidragon

Yes people laughed at him for underperforming for years. Will be cleaning up soon. It’s pretty hard to allocate a few hundred billion dollars.

9. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

10. Omnidragon

Yea there's a few $50bn+ global blue chips that are at around 4-6x PE. Pretty good value got to say... I think he's still pretty cautious this stage of cycle (saw an article he sold down Bank of New York and Delta)

11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

12. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

Sorry I am an a rank beginner investor and even I can see this doesn't make sense.
    It depends entirely on WHAT you invest in. Whole companies may go under. No point investing in a company if it doesn't exist in a few months time.
    Buying on the share market is investing in a business. The business has to be solid, with solid management and systems in place, undervalued preferably.
    20% is not a 'few dollars'. If one waits, with cash and a bit of gold, for when a vaccine is ready, then yes it may be time. If you invest now, you may have to wait 3 or 4 years to get back to the same level.
    With predicted 2 million unemployed in Australia certain sectors are looking at permanent damage.
    Meanwhile if you hang onto your cash, at least you can tread wate
    Whether you paid $9 or $11 matters little for FLT now, just means only making 90% profit instead of 100%. Wether you paid $3 or $ 4 dollars in 2008 still doesnt matter now. How is Gold doing It is not what I call safe. I see GOLD ETF is down 25%, meaning you are 200% better off with FLT.