NSW Opinions on some properties in Sydney

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Hetty, 3rd Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hetty

Hetty Well-Known Member

I’ve been looking at properties around Ermington for a PPOR but we are also considering Rydalmere and Dundas/Dundas Valley.

This house is really nicely presented and we think a good size, but I’m not sure about the brick bottom and the cladding top. It must all be original because the brick level is just one room. Block is also really sloped, backyard is higher than the house, any issues with this? not in terms of knocking down and rebuilding, obviously that would be an issue. Street has one side higher than the other, and this house is on the higher side. I think we can probably do better for the amount of money 57 Hart Street, Dundas Valley NSW 2117 - House For Sale | Domain

Here’s a sold one - if we could get something similar for that sort of price we’d buy in a heartbeat, 20 Lindsay Avenue, Ermington, NSW 2115

Only property currently listed in the area in budget is listed for $1mil but it’s not nice. Knock down really.

Last edited: 3rd Aug, 2019
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

High side of the road means that you won't have issues draining to the street.

Is the downstairs lounge room of legal height?

Can you convert it back to a garage?

Hetty likes this.
  3. Hetty

Hetty Well-Known Member

I didn’t think it was a garage before? I last saw it a couple of months ago when we started looking so maybe my memory is bad but I don’t think it looked like it was ever a garage. It was legal height I’m sure, I didn’t measure but I didn’t think the ceiling was low and I’m very conscious of low ceilings.