Opinions on purchase please

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Switchtronics, 9th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Switchtronics

Switchtronics Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Seeking the advice of the great p.chat network!

My sister is looking for her first ppr property. They are seeking a suburb between albion and Ipswich for convenience of work travel. Their budget is 420,000. They would prefer something with potential to renovate with a larger block of land for their pets, free from the flood zone.

Seeking 3 or 4 bedroom with 2 bed and car accomodation. This is the property they are interested in. Any advice on this or other suggested suburbs would be appreciated. The reason this has been chosen is larger block, 3 bed with study.

The real estate agent are saying the house didn't floor however I believe the land itself did get significant water across it.

Any advice appreciated.

8 Whyalla Court, Karana Downs, QLD 4306

@Andrew Allen

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Here's a hint.
    There are many investors on this forum on the lookout for a bargain.
    For that reason, most never post details until the deal is done.
    If your sister is genuinely looking at a property, I suggest you don't broadcast it.
    Marg

Darwin55, JacM, Bunlee and 1 other person like this.
  3. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Mmmm tasty. So tasty I will call the agent tomorrow and buy it! Mwaahahhaah

jefn89, Luckycharm and Bunlee like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

ll.jpg

Marg4000 and Bunlee like this.
  5. JIZ

JIZ Active Member

Mwaahahhaah, I just post a thread, and someone bought my property, Mwaahahhaah
    -- Switchtronics

korando1234 likes this.
  6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

(I hope I'm not too late)

That house is GORGEOUS!!!! I used to work with the agents too, small world.

I grew up in Karana Downs, and consequently worked at the local Foodworks for longer than I will admit. It's an absolutely beautiful area and an absolute bargain compared to anywhere similar in Brisbane. If they can put up with the abysmal public transport and slightly awkward access in and out- they will LOVE it. That neighbourhood down at the peninsular is particularly close-knit, they do a very cool Halloween thing every year.

I'd have to visit the property in person to know for sure because the Brisbane Flood Maps are painful, the report suggests that the house wouldn't have flooded but the flood overlay indicates the whole block flooded. I was actually stuck in Karana Downs during the 2011 floods and adjacent Kookaburra park was Kookaburra lake, we were fishing for furniture down there. I wish I could remember Whyalla Court specifically.

The banks are particularly vicious on flooded properties for valuations and insurance companies can be equally nasty on premiums. Example of both- A very good friend of mind recently struggled for months to sell their beautiful home in Riverhills, partially because the insurance premiums were killing them. They were getting reasonable offers, but the property repeatedly fell over under finance, undervaluing by anywhere between $80,000-$140,000!!!! I believe they finally sold it a little under 'market' to a cash purchaser.

New2prop likes this.