QLD Opinions on Caboolture? Qld investment property.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Timmah, 17th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

Hi guys as the title says, I'm interested in buying an investment in Caboolture primarily for Capital Gains. And the prospect of subdividing a large block later down the track.

I just wanted to see what everybody's opinions were on this particular area / region. Would you still consider this travelling distance from Brisbane? Any info is appreciated. Thanks :)

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

As a standalone organic growth investment, I'd say have a look at Google maps and the amount of broad acreage land in the region.

Active griwth through infill subdivision is probably more likely to produce more reliable outcomes I'm guessing

Ta

Rolf

Property Twins likes this.
  3. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Rolf Latham summed it up very nicely :)

Growth is driven by supply / demand - the more land is available, the more supply - buyers have a lot more to choose from, impacting future growth.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Not a bad strategy if you take 4-5 year view...go for lots of land...

5. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

If you have the budget for it, consider a 602sqm site in Kippa-Ring, Petrie, Lawnton, Strathpine that has Urban Neighbourhood or Next-generation Neighbourhood zoning. You will be able to comfortably do townhouses on these sites and have proximity to the railway.

For an alternative approach consider the same zoning but close to the waterfront ( within 3 mins walk ) in Scarborough, Redcliffe, Margate, etc.

Engage a town planner as part of your due diligence. Essential to get correct advice.

fleathedog, Timmah and RetireRich101 like this.
  6. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I like those MBRC development properties. buy. hold. develop down the road.

7. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replys everyone I will take them into consideration :) in regards to supply and demand, maybe a beachfront unit in surfers paradise would be an option? With water views. Because you can't create more beach to look at right? Surely as the population grows there will be more demand for these properties in the iconic Gold Coast, namely surfers paradise/Broadbeach?

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Be very, very careful with this plan. I wouldn't be wanting to go down this road tbh.

Last edited: 17th Sep, 2017
  9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I was in Caboolture not long ago. It reminded me of Mt Druitt 10 years ago. Plenty of bogans, cheap properties and little growth in house prices. Just my 2 cents.

Tom Rivera, Sackie and MJS1034 like this.
  10. fleathedog

fleathedog Well-Known Member

I commute to the Brisbane CBD on the Caboolture line, and I can tell you, as things stand now, no one is going to buy/rent in Caboolture and commute to the Brisbane CBD. There are just too many other options. People here with anything like a decent income will only do a 1+ hour commute to live in period Queenslanders in Ipswich, the Gold/Sunshine Coast, and other such places. The only person that I know that commutes from Caboolture lives on an acreage property out of town, and drives to Caboolture station every day.

This

wombat777 likes this.
  11. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Gold Coast oversupplied with apartments...very poor growth for many who purchased apartments.
    Invest with a critical, analytic mindset holding back emotion...Terry Ryder the property researcher has published a lot of research re: Gold Coast. There's good growth there with housing in high demand suburbs

Rich2011 and ellejay like this.
  12. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

You can create more units to look at the beach! Most families don't want to live in units unless they are large which are then competing with house prices. GC is very lifestyle oriented, people like boats, cars, bikes and space which are not generally available with beachfront units unless they are very expensive.

13. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Yes travelling distance. Express train. But you have to get close to the train when you buy out there.

14. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Loads of people commute to BNE from Caboolture. Plenty go from Nambour even.
    Of course not as much diverse demand further from the city but when its on an express line 50mins I think its definitely commutable. He should get in closer if he can, but Caboolture is technically easier to commute than say D'Bay.

15. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Growth in Caboolture will be driven by improving infrastructure, but so will new development. You're going to see pretty strong yields but short term capital growth isn't likely to be exceptional.

Also, the traffic from Caboolture to Brisbane is a nightmare and it's only getting worse. Train isn't so bad.

RetireRich101 likes this.