Opinions invited on house in North Rocks, NSW

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Odie85, 16th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Odie85

Odie85 Member

My youngest will be going to primary school in a year and I have heard north Rocks public is good.. Have not yet thought as far as High school but, will make a note..

Thanks and good luck with your house search :)

2. Odie85

Odie85 Member

Thank you for sharing Gockie! Those parrots are lovely and it would be like living in the lap of nature :)
    Will keep all these points in mind..

3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    If that Weber Genesis comes with the house... buy it today ! :)

Odie85 likes this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The Mills Drive area is one of the nicer areas and I would agree "from $1.3m" seems likely. The area is in heavy demand and low supply with several OK schools between Baulko and North Rocks. And its part of the bible belt. The Barclay Road access is a link. There is a bushfire risk of course being so closee to the reserve and being above the bush fire could move towards the properties . As a long term resident nerby I cant recall when it burned the last time and the enclosed reserves arent part of open bush like the blue mountains so the risks are limited. Its also a huge backyard with bike, walk and running tracks etc in great demand through to Castle Hill / Excelsior etc. It is crown land and not for development if that concerns you. Wildlife etc are abundant. And snakes but they will be down near water (red bellies esp). Roos and wallabies love those reserves. And rabbits. They may like the gardens (and bush turkeys)
    Overhead aircraft can be a nuisance as the homes are high and the planes fly a tight path to pymble on approach to land on the main runways.

ie the green path. When arrivals are busy its a busy corridor.
    Flight paths in your area – Sydney Airport Community

Noise wise the house is well back from the M2 which is far lower and unlikely much of a noise issue. Park outside house at night when wet to test. I suspect its very quiet.

Last edited: 18th Feb, 2021
  5. Free_Driver

Free_Driver New Member

1.5 to 1.6 seems abit high in North Rocks in general?

6. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Not in this market..... I'm thinking closer to $1.6m for this and potentially more. Tricky to say without inspecting (as it could have issues we're unaware of) but given where we are and what other properties have gone for recently here I wouldn't be surprised.

7. Andrew Slapp

Andrew Slapp New Member

I think this property sold well over 1.6M. 1.3M was a massive underquoye, even early last year very few in this pocket of North Rocks sub 1.4

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

1.683 Screenshot_20210329-222958_RP Data Pro.jpg