Opinion on Logan Builidng - Any local selling agents here?

Discussion in 'Development' started by gach2, 29th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Building in Logan at the moment.
    Currently due to the planning scheme i was limited to building a 2 bedroom dwelling.
    Picked a project 3 bedroom home and converted the smallest bedroom to a study (just had to remove the door on the plans) and it has been approved and in the process of being built.

Now while being built i do have the option to do an impact assessment have the the study converted back to a bedroom. This will incur some council application fees and additional infrastructure fees (around 9-10k all up)

Spoken to my property manager who believes for rental purposes having the study converted back to a bedroom will have no benefit (could always physically put a door - builder is actually providing the door but will leave it as a spare in the garage)

Just wondering if there will be a significant value for resale purposes. Not too fussed about bank valuations. I'm estimating the final value of the house in low to mid 300s either way.

Anyone got any opinions on whether its worth going through the hassle and paying the additional infrastructure

Local selling agent's view would be awesome if there are any here :)

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.