opinion needed from all who can help, plssss

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by blessed12, 19th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. blessed12

blessed12 New Member

certifications necessary or not ?

Hi

I am a AUSTRALIAN PR holder and i have my experience in assets + liabilities banking (retail & SME ) in middle east for the past 6+ years.

I am trying to get into banking in Melbourne, but happen to find out that doing some certifications will enhance my chance to get through. Taking the same into consideration, i am considering to get certified with CERTIFICATE IV in credit management and also DIPLOMA in FINANCIAL PLANNING. Why both because, EVEN a entry level in assets with CERTIFICATE IV in CR management or a junior financial planner with DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING will be sufficient ( I am of the view that it would be sufficient to get a break in a financial organisation, I NEED A INPUT ON THIS).

In terms of doing CERTIFICATE IV in CREDIT MANAGE and DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PLANNING,
    a) is the institute given a weight-age or just doing the certifications is OK, if so which institute should be opted and why
    b) also came to know that a TIER 2 ACCREDITATION IS ENOUGH to get into CUSTOMER ADVISORY of all products, including SUPER and SM-SF, is it true, please correct me if i am wrong.

Looking forward for all comments

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Dec, 2015