Opinion needed for submitting DA

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Vishh, 13th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vishh

Vishh Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

Need your opinions on submitting DA for side and front fence plus a kitchen extension. Talked with couple of builders. They are not really interested as it is small work.
    The plan I had in my mind and told them is below.
    upload_2019-9-13_12-12-2.png

The box marked 1 is kitchen (3 m x 3.5m) and patio is box marked 2 (4mx4m).

The front and side fence length is overall 50 meters. The builders are not ready to quote the price and telling DA is an overhead for them as this is a small extension. I am assuming this will be a simple extension as kitchen will be built with its own roof and since it is on the rear side of property no issues having separate roof.
    I am bit skeptical to put on serviceseeking and airtasker as I read couple of bad experiences in this same forum.
    What are my options. :(
    And any idea on cost for this extension ?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

First Step if you serious get a plan drawn up by a Architect and if possible do it through a CDC rather than DA.

Survey and Sewer / Stormwater diagram

Once you have detailed drawings you can apply for the CDC or DA yourself or the Architect will also be able to help with Basix and DA / CDC Lodgement.

While the DA / CDC is lodged you can get a few builders to quote the work as they will have a better idea of what you require and the level of finishes you want.

Vishh likes this.
  3. Vishh

Vishh Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Thanks.