Open space contributions -Boronia -Knox council VIC

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by James Baker, 1st Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. James Baker

James Baker Well-Known Member

Hi there

I looked up the 53.02 open space requirements for Knox council which says 8.5% of land value. Any idea if I have to pay flat 8.5% charges of the site value shown in the rates notice as open space contributions if I develop 3 townhouses on a plot and subdivide ?

It amounts to $51,000 if the value of the land is around $600,000. Would someone be able to advise if the calculations are right and at what stage does this payment need to be made?

Thanks!

Cheers

2. willy1111

willy1111 Well-Known Member

It gets paid when the subdivision goes through so towards the end...and they value it at that time so it might be slightly more.

I didn't enjoy paying them that amount either..it's almost like they are a partner...stuff you around for 2 years getting approvals...builder knocks em up in 6 mths and then they want $50k from you :eek:

3 is probably the worst you can do from a profitability point of view...no open space on a dual occ and then 8.5% or 50k on 3 or more.

craigc likes this.