Online shopping

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Angel, 12th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Being old school and not exactly quick to adapt to change, I had never ever purchased clothes from overseas. Until early December, when my PC and FB pages were swamped with ads for clothes that, to be honest, were exactly what I like. After a week of ever-mounting temptation, I finally clicked and a few more hours later, I crossed over.

Having entered the Dark Side, I was filled with anxiety. What if it was a scam? It's a bit late 250aud later to google the site, but I did. A few hours of watching UTube videos of satisfied customer reviews later, I relaxed a little. The only negative comment, which I had already figured for myself, was that the clothes sizes are tiny. I had already emailed the company to confirm sizing when ordering. Yes, those who have met me in real life will understand Chinese torture is labeling a previously bulimic westerner size XXL.

The first parcel arrived in the first week of January and I was a little miffed. Yes the dresses looked exactly as the photos online, but the fabric was like "You cant wear that in this heat". O that's right, they are winter dresses, all is good. The final parcel arrived yesterday and the remaining dress and three long-sleeved tops are gorgeous. This fourth dress was worth the wait, it is even lovelier than in the photos.

Four of the items I will be able to wear throughout the year to work. Now I have to figure out what a short, frumpy lady with greying hair and no dress sense is going to do with three red or black cocktail dresses.

wylie likes this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I love online shopping for books, dvds - junior buys her guitar strings and PS4 games - I've bought rugs and furniture and dog collars and plants ... only ever twice bought clothes.

The first time, from a Chinese base, was a disaster. I am a curvy shape - a pear (big hips, small waist, average boobs) - that is living in a world of apples (big boobs, no waist, no hips) - so they didn't fit, the fabric was awful and I ended up keeping only 1 out of 3. Wasn't worth the postage to send back, so they went to charity. I swore "never again".

Second time, I really wanted a particular full length denim skirt, so chose an Australian based company. They had some nice looking dresses, so ordered a couple of those too. Love the skirt - the dresses again didn't fit right. Sent one dress back, thinking I could possibly get away with the other - nah - after sitting 3 months in the cupboard it too went to charity.

I am often tempted, as the outfits look so gorgeous on the models, but reality is I need to shop in store.

Would never buy shoes online.

wylie likes this.
  3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I don't purchase a lot of clothes online - but almost everything else I do.

Just yesterday the local bike shop quoted around $700 for some replacement parts I need - 10 minutes of googling and I'd placed my order for the exact same parts for $300.

Cheers

Jamie

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.