Online negative gearing calculations

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Prospekta.mf, 5th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Prospekta.mf

Prospekta.mf Member

Hi there, I'm very new to this. I'm interested to hear exprienced investor's thoughts on the accuracy of online negative gearing calculators and holding costs calculators like this one (Negative Gearing Calculator). Are they very accurate ? Is there other software available to help me gain a better understanding of my possible tax position when considering investing in real-estate ? Thanks in advance.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

We offer a modelling tool in our client pack. It allows you to play around with various matters incl specific property costs and income, LVR and sources of funds and also tax and cashflows and ownership %

Attached Files:

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Most likely the online calculator you've mentioned is mostly a marketing tool. From a business perspective they want your name and email address so they can send you a periodic email. When you need finance, they'll be on your mind and that's where you'll go. Almost every broker (myself included) does something like this.

The online calculator might be really accurate, it might be really simplistic. It may or may not be developed with the assistance of an accountant qualified to do this properly.

The software I'd recommend is PIA, you can purchase it from Somersoft Home. It's been developed over 20 years and has been rigorously reviewed by accountants.

4. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

Thanks Paul that's very helpful.

David_SYD likes this.
  5. Prospekta.mf

Prospekta.mf Member

Cheers guys. Will check them out.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia