One poor sad little girl

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Angel, 25th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Speechless

3. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Crikey. I had to google G Wagon. Love the reaction re the job. Such an entitlement attitude.

4. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

And the worst part is she has become a social media sensation and makes serious coin from it now.

FYI She got her G Wagon and has since crashed it...... twice.

5. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Oh dear!

Gary Vaynerchuck's words ring true here. If our grandparents and great grand parents heard the things we all complain about, they would slit our throats.

6. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

I don't know, I call BS on this one.

I'm going to say that this was some sort of a plan to get her some media attention so that she can get some coin and be famous.

I can't imagine, if my daughter was like that, that my solution to the problem would be to go on some BS TV show and expose my teenage daughter to the world as a spoilt little brat and invite the wrath of the entire U.S. down on her.

Then again, I can't imagine that I would agree to this as a social media strategy either.

7. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

According to the show, it was actually the kid who applied for the show to try and get her mum straightened out and raise her allowance back up to $5K

8. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Hmm......I wonder WHY she has a sense of entitlement? o_O

9. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. The whole thing looks complete BS.

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Mother totally enabling her. They deserve each other.

Tim86 and MWI like this.
  11. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I like when the young lady is told she has to have a job and the false confidence based on bogus results comes into play..

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

hahahahaha - OMG - so want to see what happened in the end.

13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Seems about right

14. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

If that doesn't reignite the conscription debate, it's hard to imagine what would.

15. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

not even entertaining... nonsense...worse behavior than a two year old!
    ALL kids should be taught the concept of 'delayed gratification' instead of 'instant gratification' and for what?
    Yet people complain and wonder why they don't have what they want? Listening and implanting such crap into one's brain... If they only listened to one thing to make their life better...
    This girl doesn't get that the major reason for getting a job is for what it can make of her to accomplish it. What it makes of her will always be the far greater value than what she gets.

16. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Sure.. She would have maybe gotten enough from social media to afford the car she wanted.
    Try that again...bet you she wont be able to replicate the dollars from social media again...she is in the cycle if want want want with minimal avenues to earn her wants, and those avenues are fickle such as social media.
    Unsustainable. She might win once or twice..but will lose if she relies on that.

Also wonder what kind of parenting she has had to get to that point...I'll just buy you a Mercedes c class with no work on your part. It's interesting. .most really rich people..im talking gates, buffet wealth...those with considerable impact and influence. .make their kids earn it...its the wannabe class like the mum in this video that give their kids luxury without earning it. . Have seen this in many places...eg politicians kids in BRICS countries would be a notable example.. Rarely at the PM, presidents level.. Always at the local and state level..those who never quite made it...

Last edited: 27th Sep, 2018
  17. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was a deliberate ploy from her and her mother to get attention.
    Could be...
    I would think the reputational damage to both would be far more than any dollars gotten from social media or any media. But..i think you may be right...they both seem to come from the 'i don't give a **** what the world thinks of me brigade' and neither mum certainly not daughter rely on personal reputational value nor do they hold it in high regard...or so it seems...

18. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Hehe, feeling so glad I was 'the worst mother in the world', and made @Lil Skater work for anything she wanted, including a car. When you have to earn your own money, you often respect it much more.

19. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Hey, my car was a bargain. $900, 9 months rego and it lasted 18 months. Loved that little piece of c**p.

To the actual thread though, probably just a publicity thing. Do you know how much the "Cash me outside" girl is worth now?

Reminds me of this - 21 Snapchats Of Filthy Rich Kids And Their First World Problems

20. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Haha!! This is exactly why you don't hand everything to your children on a silver platter. It is never appreciated. I just came back from Bali and yet another new restaurant has opened up in the street where I stay. Everytime I go there is someone who thinks it's a great idea.

The thing is that the last 3 that have opened have been by people who have inherited money. They will lose the money (no doubt). People that get money given to them have no respect for the hard work it takes to get it and therefore don't respect it.

skater likes this.