On-site Caretaking fees

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by NedKelly, 2nd May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. NedKelly

NedKelly Well-Known Member

Here are the examples I have found. They are all in SE Queensland. I have removed the name of the complex for obvious privacy reasons but it shows a very broad range.

Caretakers remuneration2.JPG

Pumpkin likes this.
  2. qak

qak Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued to know what the caretaker's role is in these complexes. Are these all live-in arrangements?Obviously a complex of 28 is a vastly different proposition to one of 200! I'm assuming there would be other differences due to complex layout - high rise v townhouse type; and if there are short-term stays permitted. Overall I'm surprised how low the cost is.

3. NedKelly

NedKelly Well-Known Member

These are a selection of high rise and low set, some with pools some without and some with managers living on site. I could find no real correlation between the cost per lot and the services provided. You would think that with economies of scale the larger complexes would be cheaper per lot but that doesn't seem to be born out except that the biggest complex did have the lowest cost per lot.

4. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

@NedKelly has done quite a good job, but he still has a lot more work to do. The sample size needs to be larger, and covering different years. I think he can only pick what's available in the market now. I'd gently suggest he looks into the existing ones.

Sadly this is the reality: Caretakers are not really rewarded for their hardwork. The Salary they receive is started with the Price put-up by the Developer @ Day One.
    I have seen very hardworking Caretakers receiving only one-third what another slack Counterpart is receiving.

Well, I guess a good Body Corp should realise the value of a good Caretaker and give them some Incentive/Bonus, but I havent seen that yet.

Last edited: 12th May, 2020

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia