Omega Europa 66-1 electric oven

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Hillbilly, 8th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Active Member

Hello all. I have recently turned my PPOR into and IP and I need to replace my oven. Details above. We put this in in 2001. There is nothing wrong with it except the numbers have worn off and you can’t leave it like that for tenants. There is a glass cooktop installed which goes with it. We would like to keep the cooktop and just replace the oven.Does anyone know if it is possible to just replace oven and keep current cooktop and if so what would be the current Omega replacement? I should have said on this model, the dials for the cooktop are located on the oven.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What about using Letteraset numbers to stick back onto the unit (clear individual letters/numbers)

Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. marmot

marmot Well-Known Member

Ideally you still have to calibrate the oven with the numbers in the right spot.

4. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

You can buy stove and oven stickers on eBay for about $10max, I bought some stichkers for our stove here. They have different gradients, knobs and styles etc so you should be able to find them for your oven. Some manufacturers also sell them via their spare parts section (eBay probably cheaper).

Unless you want to buy a new oven...

Kassy

Last edited: 8th Jan, 2019
    Westminster likes this.
  5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Active Member

Thanks everyone for the number sticker idea. I had never heard about those stickers but will check it out.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  6. TheRayTracer

TheRayTracer Well-Known Member

Wow, what a bad design. From your summary it looks like both the oven and cooktop are integrated tightly together and therefore both would have to be changed at the same time. I would vote for exploring the sticker idea.

Tom Rivera likes this.