Older new tap handles needed

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Burramys, 2nd Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

I'm part way through a reno. The basin and sink will be new and will have new taps. The wash trough and bath taps are deep in the wall and could be replaced, but they work fine. Hence, I'm after new covers (not sure of the name) and new handles. The handles are the sort that are pushed on down ridges. Can someone please advise where these can be bought? Good second-hand is acceptable. TIA.

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

By covers you might mean the shroud?

Go to Bunnings with a photo of the taps. Or Reece.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I am currently doing a reno of an older place and replacing old bath mixer and spout set. Im not exactly sure of what your refering to but just be aware you may need taps with longer spindles as the half and quarter turn may be a problem for the washers already in the wall. Best to show a pic of your current set up .

This is the set im getting .

Clark Cross Wall Basin/Bath Set 220mm - Matte BlackDefault Title

FYI look at Reece price for very similar . lol. Reece is for suckers.

Screenshot_20190203-075436.jpg

Last edited: 3rd Feb, 2019
  4. Burramys

Thanks for your advice. Reece said they did not have any handles and Bunnings have handles that suit my taps, which I should be able to fit. If not the plumber can do this.

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Go with lic plumber,most would have back-up supply in their shed or van and in this age range may well be made in Australia ..Unless you have a ABN the plumbing outlets would cost your more the Bunnings ,only my opinion as when I used to stand there waiting for the materials to be loaded and watch listen to people come in thinking this was the way to,most sale counter staff are trained and would know within 2 questions that you are not in the trade and the slight smirk on their face thinking no discounts today..imho..

Sackie likes this.
  6. Burramys

Sorted, nearly. Bunnings has what Reece do not - handles with adapters for older style fittings. I need to get the tiles done before the taps can be fitted.