Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Old Share Certificates

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Tink, 17th Jan, 2016.

1. Tink

Tink Member

Any updates on what to do here, my Dad mentioned he has a few old share certificates in the bottom draw?

He doesn't know what to do with them, or how to establish their current value as some companies have morphed into others.

An example is Welcome Stranger mining Company N.L , this became WSM Limited, then Comsecure Ltd, then Welcome Stranger Ltd and now looks to be Riddock International Pty Ltd as at Nov 2015

But did they stock split, is 1 share still worth 1 share, how liquid are they etc and what would be the value....?

He said the governments placed a value of about $1k on the lot as far as his assets go

He'd like to work out each ones value and then decide what to do with them

Any tips from anyone on how to work out value/worth or if just a nice certificate to turn into a wall hanging momento?

2. cdchi1

cdchi1 Well-Known Member

There's a Riddock International LIMITED seeking to relist on the ASX atm that I assume is same company (according to google anyway).

Their prospectus shows Security Transfers is their registry so I would start with them as you will need to see how many shares (if any) he has at first. Ph (08) 9315 2333

As for value, guess need to wait for it to relist.

3. Tink

Tink Member

Thanks, will look into it

Some seem defunct as they are from the 80's, others have had name changes, address changes, or were unlisted (via accountant) the below still seem to be in operation so looking on how to contact as its not as easy as it seems with everything now electronic :confused:

Perth Investment Corporation Limited

C/- Registry Managers (Australia) Pty Ltd, 8th Floor, 111 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000

Pacific Mining Limited

Registered Office & Share Register Suite 2, 6 West Street, Pymble NSW

Welcome Stranger Mining Company N.L

National Share & Transfer Agency Pty Ltd, 50 Melville Parade South Perth WA 6151

4. cdchi1

cdchi1 Well-Known Member

Didn;t you say these were now Riddock? If so, then first stop is to ring the registrar I posted.

Pacific Mining, there's a listed one, ASX code PFM, so I assume that's the one. Registry according to annual report is Computershare, so ring 1300 556 161.

No idea about the other one.

Tink likes this.