Old e-tax apps

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Hebro, 14th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Hebro

Hebro Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to download old e-tax programs safely, have lost access to some old files.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Cant be fully installed anyway. It used to expire after XX months previously. (I recall December of each year and perhaps Feb towards its final year.) The old software allowed files to be saved as PDF and prompted that as a warning each time. Even if you did find a uninstalled copy MyGov wont validate your access to allow the locked matters to be opened and reviewed. Its a security feature to protect data from later misuse through access to old devices. You needed the TFN and the MyGov login and ATO permission which ended with the software.

MyGov allows some limited old return data. Go to ATO, Lodgements, Tax Return and they should be in history. Back to 2009. You can access prior to that from ATO but ...why ? If its just because you want a copy they may refuse.

Last edited: 14th Sep, 2021
  3. Hebro

Hebro Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul, I have the PDFs, I want to check some detail. I have etax progams from 2001 to 2009 that still open files. I am seeking 2010 to 2015 if anyone knows where to find them.

4. Hebro

Hebro Well-Known Member

Now have 2013 to 2015. Still seeking etax installers for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
    I have the PDFs but I am trying to check calculations.
    Thanks if anyone can direct me to a safe download source.

5. Gaggi

Gaggi Member

Please see the attached etax 2013 & 2012

Attached Files:

Ross Forrester likes this.
  6. Hebro

Hebro Well-Known Member

Thanks very much Gaggi
    Now only seeking etax installers for 2010, and 2011.
    Whirlpool helped, and this forum.

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I have only had this asked by someone with so many years arrears they wanted a reliable estimate and thought old software would do it. . It wont be and I can run off a long list of why those estimates will be wrong too. When I do mmany years arrears I always qualify the estimates as they are now overdue and can vary from the default calcs.

8. Hebro

Hebro Well-Known Member

thx Paul
    I am up to date, no audit.
    The problem was that I used a calculation function for something within the app, and only the summary appeared on the PDFs, not the calculation.