Old apartment punchbowl near train station

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Erictheelephant, 3rd Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Renting seems like a more logical thing to do, invest your side money in some term deposits or high saving accounts @2.6% while you try out a few areas. If you’re feeling game you can invest in other asset classes.

1 bedders won’t appreciate in value as well as a 2 bed, at least historically.

Tieing up your capital in a property you might not like is less flexible than keeping a side investment while you decide.

You can also try out west, Blacktown isn’t bad at all, the trade off is it’s far from everything except culturally diverse food! Otherwise looks like campsie will be a good place to rent/buy, lots of new places on the market relative to the population, so I think there will be buying opportunities for older places for a while.

2. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Dear Eric the Elephant
    could I suggest that you check 'where' the train to Punchbowl, Campsie etc stops. Stopping all stations then express to.. etc..
    Does it stop in Stanmore?
    When is the next train after Child has been dropped off?
    Just thinking about life dropping off kiddie?
    I hope this helps.
    p.s.I think shopping/ food is great in this area, but if you are a working Mum, I expect most places are too exxy? Picnics in the park are also nice in that case. Will you be near a park?
    I hope this helps. Good on
    you!

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

upload_2019-6-7_19-45-59.png

@SeafordSunshine makes a good point, Punchbowl & Stanmore are on two different train lines and require you to go to Redfern or Lidcombe and change (or possibly Dulwich Hill and catch light rail).

Erictheelephant likes this.
  4. SeafordSunshine

Is there one of those circular buses then? A Bendy one!!!! Sometimes they are worth their weight in gold?
    (Excellent map post Scott No Mates)
    Can you post one of those SNM?

Erictheelephant likes this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

SeafordSunshine likes this.
  6. SeafordSunshine

Yes,
    I love public transport, and alternatives to cars... for getting to work.
    For first home buyers, anything that makes access and infrastructure easy to use gets my vote!

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

This is train-bus or train-bus-train.... Now if the OP is taking a preschooler on that trip every day I'd want to change childcare centres

8. Erictheelephant

Erictheelephant Member

Hi All, You all have been so so helpful. I have just read through the whole forum and you have many many valid points. I am still doing my research and is also looking into rentvesting and not moving out of the East. My preschooler is doing so well in the daycare and our family situation has not been easy. Its probably not a good idea to do a sudden change again. I am looking at an investment property. I have never invested before and is scared to... but it seems easier than buying the property that you want to live in. ( I am questioning myself if i am choosing the easy way out here...) Do you think i should look at rentvesting (providing picking the right property of course) given i dont have such a low buying power at the moment. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

9. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

If it has been a difficult time and your daughter is settled at the moment, I can see the sense in staying in the east and buying a rental somewhere else. Of course, that opens everything up. The good thing there is no need to rush into anything with the market still drifting south.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia