Off the Plan - Storage Bonnet

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by David Lie, 19th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. David Lie

David Lie New Member

Hi all,

I would like to ask for a second opinion on this. I bought an off-the-plan unit and finally, it's done now. We went for a site inspection my over storage bonnet is much smaller (a lot smaller) as compared to the rest because of an underlying structure. Also, with the pipes running behind, I wasn't sure what we can fit in there! Pictures attached to show the comparison of mine vs. others.

upload_2021-12-19_23-20-12.png

Upon reviewing the contract, the proposed plan has a dimension of the storage (which is way bigger than this). On top of that, in the Planning Permit, there is a condition which states "The plan needs to show that each dwelling provided with a storage area within the basement with minimum size of 6m3". Not sure if these two points can substantiate my claim.

I asked my solicitor about this and he said the chance is 50:50 because over-bonnet storage is not part of the subdivision plan and hence, hard to argue. Spoke to the vendor as well, and he just said to settle first and will think of further solution to accomodate for the loss of space (which I don't really trust)!

If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations, feel free to chat.

PS: I'm in Victoria.

Best,
    David

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That's a subtle way of saying gimme your money and then I'll block your number/ghost you.

The Y-man, Joynz and Terry_w like this.