Occupation certificate

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Rose89, 20th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rose89

Rose89 Well-Known Member

Can you find out if a house you don’t own has an occupation certificate?

The council is telling me none of my Neighbour’s have on certificates because we all have gravel driveways, which I find hard to believe. We are rural so gravel is more common than concrete.

Thanks
    Erin

2. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

All depends on the requirements imposed at the time of building application.

3. Rose89

Rose89 Well-Known Member

I’m aware, it’s a brand new estate we have all just built and have the same rules. I want to find out if my Neighbour’s have occupation certificates with their gravel driveways insitu.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Do they have a interim occ cert ? It may be issued and unregistered. Unsure if complying dev consent allows this. It may take time for registration of a issued occ cert on the council planning portal under the DA. Occupation without a certificate is illegal and wont be insured and occupant can be ordered out with big fines etc.

It can be surprising what isnt needed for a occ cert. eg A OC is for the BUILDING to code and approved plans etc, a driveway is on the land.

Your own council DA approval conditions and the certifcation party will be able to better guide your own LGA approach.

5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

You could just knock on the neighbors door and ask :cool:
    Or are you looking for some sort of leverage due to a dispute with said neighbor :rolleyes:

Joynz likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.