Nvidia and Ethereum

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Spiralkut, 3rd Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Spiralkut

Spiralkut Well-Known Member

I'm definitely a newbie at shares / crypto compared to property but wanted to branch out at start of the year. I just cashed in all my Tesla shares that I purchased in January and have now transferred that money into 75% NVIDIA shares and 25% Ethereum crypto. Just curious as to what everyone else has banked their money on? Please keep it to what you've actually got your money into and don't just list everything you think may be good.

2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Ive got NVIDIA great company great potential great management but I dont think you should be 75% or more than 10-15% in one company I sell down by@15%. You should have 10-15 companies for risk mitigation. Recent buys have been Crowd, Docusign Dexcom buying ASML (7nm chips) now. Some buys here What's your take on the Australian stock exchange? [Trading] More of my buys here Sold my house and put it all into bitcoin.. Advice on investing in the US stocks

Last edited: 3rd Aug, 2020
  3. Spiralkut

Yeah I probably will diversify it over the coming months. I basically just wanted to park my money somewhere for the next 12 months until I start my developments.

4. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Have been backing cloud and service as a software, now backing companies that will benefit from the imminent 5G revolution.

5. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Can't go too wrong with ETH on the crypto side. Perhaps some exposure to BTC might help dampen volatility (all relative in the crypto world!) while maintaining exposure to the crypto space. I personally have a bit of both, both projects are the ones being the most developed on an ongoing basis.

6. JetstreamVic

JetstreamVic Well-Known Member

I’ve got a position in The Walt Disney company.

They have copped it in the neck due to corona, which has dropped their price. However it has made a massive impact on Disney+.

They are starting to open their parks, and with live sport coming back on line, that will help their ESPN business.

I see a strong rebound on this one

7. Michael.Knight

Michael.Knight Well-Known Member

50% vgs, 35% bitcoin, 10% ethereum, 5% chainlink

Gmfren and Pier1 like this.
  8. Spiralkut

VGS as in the ASX or Vegas Coin?

9. Spiralkut

Curious also to know what people think the rebound on Qantas and Flight Centre will be once international travel re opens? I can see their price rebounding really quick once the green light is given.

10. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

80% RAC 20% NVX

11. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Wouldnt buy QANTAS in any circumstance, capital heavy, poor margins , constantly in a race to ther bottom , only ever a disaster away from a disaster. FLT may not even be around to rebound, but WEB and CTD will probably be the first to go. I would only have a small holding which may give you the opportunity to participate in capital raising. Like 2008 a small holding may enable a fortune to be made it maybe last man standing. You will need a large holding of QANTAS to make a small fortune at best. I would invest in SERKO if I had to invest in Travel, better than trying to pick a vaccine to invest in, capital light and scalable. Corporate travel wont return to previous levels, technology has replaced it is why I invested in Docusign , and Zoom etc, Travel will be expensive and people will only be able to afford limited leisure travel. Aint no quick rebound.

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Aug, 2020
    Rekke, Pier1 and Codie like this.
  12. Michael.Knight

Michael.Knight Well-Known Member

vanguard international equities etf

13. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

By luck i hold SOXL...which is a 3x Leverage etf which has Nvidia .....today looks like a good day.

15. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Piston_Broke likes this.
  16. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

I have bailed out of NVDA, 28x sales, all future earnings priced in. Have more than enough exposure in NDQ

17. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

I did a bear credit call spread on NVDA today after its jump, surely it can't go too much higher.

18. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

I bailed out just before close this morning. Once i exit...it usually just keeps going up...up over 70k in under 3 weeks.

MSB likes this.
  19. Gmfren

Gmfren Well-Known Member

Aussie financials, VGS, VAS and BTC. If we see a bull run after the halving I will retire.