QLD Nudgee - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Realist35, 18th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Realist35

Realist35 Well-Known Member

G'day ladies and gents,

What are your thoughts on Nudgee (Brisbane)?

There is heaps of info on PC just about every Brisbane suburb... apart from Nudgee:). I believe some of the big draw cards for this suburb are close proximity to the airport (approx 10 min drive), easy access to freeway, 20 min drive to CBD. Another positive is the ongoing work on the freeway.

Cheers!

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I like it for the reasons you mentioned. There are some beautiful homes high on the hilltops. BUT you would have to do a personal drive to work out which are the desirable properties and which aren't. Same for it's neighbour Banyo. Or pay Whitecat, Hanison or Andrew Allen a fee for their knowledge and experience.

negatives -
    Mudflats and the associated biting and stinging wildlife that flyscreens will not keep out, mud smells.

Noise and Dust from motorway and construction, potential airport expansion flights

Flooding

ghosts - that Victorian monastery looks scary, much scarier to me than the cemetery.

There were many new homes on the beach when we took Gockie there in November. The owners wouldn't be building if it isn't desirable. They are on built-up blocks of land, like new homes in Deagon and Sandgate

Whitecat and Realist35 like this.
  3. Realist35

Really nice overview, thanks Angel:).

Is there any suburb that you are not familiar with lol. Time to start a BA business;).

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2017
    Whitecat likes this.
  4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Nudgee, Banyo, Geebung, Deagan and Brighton - all suburbs that I have considered buying into, that the Hyper-uppers seem to miss.

What popular suburbs are they right next door to?

5. Realist35

Next to Chermside with it's soon to be the largest shopping mall in Australia:).

Whitecat likes this.
  6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Deagan and Brighton are next to Sandgate which is desirable but usually more expensive than its daggier neighbours. Deagan and Brighton don't have as many heritage homes as Sandgate.

7. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Drove past today. Its looking good. :)

8. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Totally would too.
    I have given those suburbs their credit. Refer to the Geebung thread. That suburb has room to move considering location (train/mall). Banyo I have posted on (kicked butt last year). Deagon I have often recommended (although the actual pockets get small when consider flood zoning and train line exposure and bat colony (if its still there)). Brighton I like too. Its safe, solid and has the water, but its getting away from train so unless waterfrontish it doesnt do it so much for me vs some of the others.

9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

The bats are still in Deagan. Flooding isn't as much of an issue as the flood maps would show - the vast majority of houses are built up. Post war homes are on stumps, new houses have to have the land filled first. I do not know how high the floodwaters rise to.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.