NSW NSW - Melrose Park - More high density coming - 5000 apartments

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gockie, 29th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Good if they put that bridge up. Its really hard to get into the SOP area sometimes. The massive roundabout construction cant cope and cars can end up waiting something like 30 minutes.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Uncle Google didn't reveal anything when I quizzed him - don't know if anyone else has had more luck? (Planning NSW, councils etc?)

3. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

Sorry its a proposed Ermington Ferry Wharf not Rydalmere

So the ferry will go Rydalmere- Ermington - Wenthworth Point then Meadowbank

I hope the bridge does get built (Tunnel would be better) and its not just a pie in the sky idea, as trying to get out of SOP via Holker St to Silverwater Rd is horrendous at 4.30pm, the traffic is banked up from Silverwater rd back to Hill road and then everyone does the rat run through Newington and that gets blocked as well.

4. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

I'd say extremely unlikely. Look at the bridge Rhodes <-> Wentworth Point, they never let cars go across it.
    They aren't major roads.

Be very hard to see those transmission lines ever getting moved.

5. Scott No Mates

They managed to move them away from Homebush Bay for the Olympics. Nothing is impossible with VPAs.

Dean Collins likes this.
  6. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

It's the same cable, they buried the part going through Olympic Park only and left the rest going overhead. Would be 100's of Millions to bury the rest. Would be hard to make anything financially stack up.

7. Scott No Mates

It's a case of out of sight, out of mind. The cost is long forgotten by all of the property owners who experience the uplift in prices from burying the cables.

8. rico

rico New Member

my 2 cents.
    to maximise the return for the developer, they will remove any superstitious aspects such as power lines. this will also allow more density close to that corridor than would otherwise be allowed.

9. scienceman

scienceman Well-Known Member

Who cares (same goes for other shops and retailers)? I'd be more concerned as to whether there are going to be any school or hospital upgrades to cope with the thousands of extra people. Not to mention other services and infrastructure like transport. Probably little or nothing knowing our state government.

10. Something_Wrong

Melrose Park primary is getting something as part of the deal, no hospital upgrades that I am aware off for Ryde.
    The tree loppers have been through the site taking out the trees and the Demo trucks are starting to line Wharf road in the mornings to clear out old buildings.

The bridge whispers have gone quiet since Wentworth point is nearly completed with only 3 more projects yet to commence. The school is well underway at Wentworth point.

I hope they at least fix the traffic light sequence through West Ryde as that is a bottle next even worse on weekends.

11. Something_Wrong

I guess Payce could not sell all the apartments,

Victor Dominello

HUGE NEWS: A site will be secured for a new High School in Melrose Park I'm informed that the Department of Education will secure a site on PAYCE’s Northern Structure development for new schools - a HS and possibly a Primary School. pic.twitter.com/oV8UlzWRgV

[​IMG]
    0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

12. Scott No Mates

@Something_Wrong - that article got me all warm and fuzzy but.... it doesn't touch the Payce site from the looks of it.

There's Marsden High School & Ermington Public School a few hundred metres to the north east of this site (just off Marsden St), Rydalmere East Public is 1km to the west, Melrose Park Public is 100 m south of the site (the photo shows the Payce site in the background which is unaffected by the proposed works to the school, other than providing a ready market).

Great to hear that the other projects are happenning - Smalls Rd Ryde (was underutilised by Dept Ed, had playing fields and was an ex-school), Ex-Peter Board HS (closed and sold to Dexus many years ago, now to be bought back for a new High School near Macquarie Uni/Macquarie Centre & 100's of units).

Much better solution than building school halls, tuck shops, covered walkways and outdoor learning areas of the BER many years ago.

13. scienceman

scienceman Well-Known Member

I don't know about 'nicer', it's a bit worrying actually. We used to make things and now we farm people.

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The plan is that Marsden High school won't be a school anymore. I think there might have been other school closures too.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sm...-in-the-face-parents-say-20180627-p4zo00.html

15. Something_Wrong

Proposal has Marsden high being turned into a Netball / Sporting complex and the students are moving to the new proposed High School being built at Meadowbank Tafe site.

Ermington Primary stays as is

Current Meadowbank netball courts will be removed and turned to park land, repairing the Meadowbank courts constantly due to sinking ground (Old Landfill) is making the case for the move along with the injuries because of the uneven surface.

Meadowbank is also getting a Skate Park (Construction well underway) and 2 synthetic fields.

Looks like Melrose Park / Ermington / Rydalmere might see some $$$ growth in the future if these prove to be decent education facilities, especially with the transport (Bus, Ferry and Train)

16. Something_Wrong

17. menty

menty Well-Known Member

What's everyone's thoughts of a house at MP (Wharf Road) for a PPOR, or IP to future PPOR?
    We work in Westmead and if the developement at MP turns out anything like Wentworth Point, it would be quite nice
    Also the Light rail would go through it

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice