NSW Dual Occupancy Advise

Discussion in 'Development' started by alexm, 11th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've not yet spoken to my architect and council as i've just found a potential site that I think would suit a detached dual occupancy project. The block is in NSW and zoned R2 with a total area of 690sqm (15x46) and is dead flat. With the zoning regs, I don't think that I can get three villa's/townies on the site.

Financial feasibility aside, what sort of a project comes to mind for the experienced developers?

Regards
    Al

2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

@alexm

It really depends on location of site.

As you said, attached/detached dual occ...

And/or child care center comes to top of mind.

You may get away with single story starta titled villas (in some regional NSW council)

3. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

@Be Developer

Thanks for the advise. I'll give you a call tomorrow to see if the potential project sounds feasible.

4. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Really depends on minimum lot size in the lga. If it's 550sqm a house and a granny flat. If it's 300 then 2 houses. Whole lot of variables.

If it's a standard instrument LEP cl.4.1 might be of help.

5. Gavin Ng

Gavin Ng Well-Known Member

Telling us which LGA would help

6. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

It is in the Wollongong (Illawarra) LGA.

7. AndrewTDP

I'll check tomorrow. Legislation website is too clunky on the phone.

8. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Gong council need 15m for dual occ, and 18m for multi dwelling. I don't recall they have min lot size as long as you meet the front/rear set back, private/open spaces etc. Most council in NSW allow dual occ on R2 zone, but you need to check if the end product can be community/strata titled, so you can sell each separately. For example, Blacktown council dual occ is permissible, but strata title the dual occ is not allowed.

9. AndrewTDP

No luck on Cl 4.1 just minimum lot size as per the maps.

The following are permissible with consent

Attached dwellings; Bed and breakfast accommodation; Boarding houses; Boat launching ramps; Child care centres; Community facilities; Dual occupancies; Dwelling houses; Environmental facilities; Exhibition homes; Exhibition villages; Group homes; Health consulting rooms; Home-based child care; Hospitals; Hostels; Information and education facilities; Jetties; Multi dwelling housing; Neighbourhood shops; Places of public worship; Recreation areas; Recreation facilities (indoor); Recreation facilities (outdoor); Residential flat buildings; Respite day care centres; Roads; Semi-detached dwellings; Seniors housing; Shop top housing; Signage; Veterinary hospitals