NSW NSW Council Mergers

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sashatheman, 21st Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

No formal cases but some unofficial comments.

I'm packing today sorry. Will expand if I get a moment.

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

That's strange.... I don't recall signing a leave form?? :p

3. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Poor Holroyd :( No one knows it exists let alone being one of the only Sydney councils who runs at a profit. Generally we like it that way except for times like this when the council is forced to amalgamate with "better' areas. With the latest boundary suggestions it seems we will get the leftovers of Parra and Auburn councils.

4. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

I have a couple of those myself ;)

Gockie likes this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Didn't need to @bob shovel - @AndrewTDP is skipping the country ;)

bob shovel likes this.
  6. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I can see it costing people in places that have had good upkeep and management, being dragged down and lumped with more costs of areas not so well managed.

I am too cynical, things are never done to benefit those left footing the bill, benefit the government itself somehow, yes, dropping costs and benefit to us....nope, I do not believe a word.

7. sherry

sherry New Member

council is such a waste levy payer's money place!

We are currently apply a Business College with converting a office in north sydney(no need to change anything outside, just partition the office, the DA had been rejected with SEE report, Resubmit the Second DA , Council is treating us as a "big development" application. Pre-DA meeting is all fine. you know what the Council reply? They want 1. SEE report from a Town planner, A detail access report with no effects and BCA provided, 2. treat us as 24 hours gym require a management plan detailed ,required a new green access report, and suspect us on construction cost( required redo from QS !!! QS) .Even the one of the town planner think this is too too harsh.

We have to spend around 10,000 just for those paperworks for DA (excluding the drawings) . This is not to demolish the buildings and built a 20 levels apartment!

We could rather go to court, but why spent 50,000 for the lawsuit for this only a office convert to a classrooms?

and the council is using residents' money for any lawsuit! ( You pay the council fees, and they waste all)

I believe the North Sydney will still be dead town in the weekend and after 6 pm weekdays, this will continue for another 100 years if they are still continuing to do this!

The big developers are lucy , because they don't have to deal with the Council, they deal with State government for 20 floors' development like Crown!

8. christos

christos Active Member

9. christos

christos Active Member

Was in Canada Bay before which is now staying as is but sadly moved to Cumberland council (the merged Mehajer/Auburn and Holroyd mess). They really should just wind back the forced ones

dabbler likes this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

No, a new broom will probably change the way that they operate.

Disappointed that the others won't be forced and are abandoned too. Why so we need Mosman, Hunters Hill or Strathfield when they serve such small areas?