NSW CDC Private Certifier

Discussion in 'Development' started by sam999, 28th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sam999

sam999 Active Member

If we get the CDC approved from the council than can we engage private certificate oversee rest of the project?
    or if CDC is approved by council than rest of work will also need to go through Council inspectors

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you are meaning, the private certifier is the one who submits the CDC to council, not the other way around.

3. fl360

fl360 Well-Known Member

I think sam999 means if they get the "plan" approved, then can they get CDC / OC via the private certifier...

don't know, ask council, depends on what you are doing I guess...

4. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

How will council pass plans unless it's a DA or a CDC through a private certifier?

5. sam999

sam999 Active Member

can CDC be submitted for approval to council or does it always need approval from Private Ceritifer (with PC notifying the council)?

guess I am trying to understand if a application is made to council with plans than does it always become a DA instead of CDC ?

and if CDC is approved by council than can we still use Private Certificater to sign off and vet the different stages of build

6. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Some councils have departments that will assess the development application as CDC (under State legislation not council LEP & DCP controls), this may be where the confusion is coming in. Council competes against the private certifiers for work in this case and will give fee proposals.

The_Billy and Archaon like this.
  7. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

Hi Sam I think I catch your drift.

CDC you use a private certifier to draw up and lodge the application to council, who give CDC the approval.

then you can use the private certifier to do the inspection or Council will also do the inspections, after each inspection you will get a sign off. The private certifier will be best and easiest usually.

If council do the inspections you the must give the sign off to the private certifier who lodged the plans to council

The PC will send all documents and proof to council As part of the OC certificate finalization, which council then sign off and you get your OC and then any deposits such as driveway crossovers ect will be returned.

8. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

If you are using the council as the principal certifier under CDC most likely you will have to use them to provide OC. Never met a private certifier that would take over someone elses job.

9. Gavin Ng

Gavin Ng Well-Known Member

You can nominate another person to act as the role of a PCA, it doesn't necessarily need be the entity that issued the PCA. You can also change PCAs in the middle of the project.

I would reach out to the private certifier first to confirm they are happy to take over the CDC certification.

10. Empathy

Empathy Member

Hi Anthony could I private message you about a few other things please?