NSW can you smell the freedom??

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Sackie, 10th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Anastacia is cheering!

Another excuse to keep the Qld/NSW border closed !!!

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I think it's a matter of time before the situation is reversed. Applies to some other jurisdictions as well.

Observer and gman65 like this.
  3. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Yup, the pressure is right on QLD to open to NSW and VIC soon..and then well you might as well open direct to foreigners as well, because otherwise they'll just come through from Interstate anyway.

Observer likes this.
  4. SatayKing

He he.

I was thinking more about this. See number of vaccinations.

Queensland COVID-19 statistics

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

At current vaccination rates, Qld is nearly 2 months behind NSW and more than a month behind Vic - so opening the borders up any time soon, would be foolish.

upload_2021-10-15_15-12-18.png

Player, marty998 and Stoffo like this.
  6. SatayKing

I think it was the head of the vaccination task force expressing a concern about vaccine complacency and it wasn't a matter of if but when Covid would hit Western Australia. I believe a number of people in Queensland have also expressed the same view about that State.

I really, really would not like a Covid outbreak to happen in either State or anywhere else for that matter.

Vaccine supply should no longer be an issue while distribution aspects and a "she'll be right" attitude could be.

7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

@Sackie ... how have your freedoms been smelling this week?

Now I don't want you to overdo it (and you still can't travel to the regions), but just FYI - there is a good chance we will reach our 80% double dose for 16+ target as early as tomorrow or Sunday, which means that our next level of freedoms will kick in as early as this coming Monday, 18th Oct!

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

So who's organising the next regional in-person catch up?

Observer likes this.
  9. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

The main thing is Sydney has good high vacination rates. Priority access to vacines over other areas and due to the outbreak good uptake by the public.

All that matters in Australia is Sydney they need tourists to uphold their strong economy bars, hotels and restaurants etc.

So Sydney is ready it's time to open up Australia no need to consider the needs of other States

Observer and SatayKing like this.
  10. SatayKing

Maybe but not for some.:D

"A legal challenge to NSW public health orders that restrict the activities of residents who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 – including their ability to work in certain industries – has failed in the state’s Supreme Court.

Justice Robert Beech-Jones on Friday dismissed two lawsuits challenging a number of public health orders made by NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard, including those that mandate vaccines for health and aged care workers, NSW Police, staff in public schools and preschools and the construction industry."

NSW COVID: Challenge to vaccine mandate fails in NSW Supreme Court

Scott No Mates likes this.
  11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

So the laws are legal, hmmm.

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Simon Hampel I heard that over the radio and its excellent news and good timing! We're playing this trip by ear and keeping our itinerary flexible so we can change it as things open up.

I heard Nov 1st, Sydney will be allowing all international travellers in who are double vaxxed and have done a test prior to arriving? Does that mean we can fly out too???

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

OK I think the Premier jumped the gun a little after hearing the PM talk....

14. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Out probably OK but return a problem. I checked flights to Australia for early next year on hearing this news and no availability (SIA), and prices were double. Might wait a while. There is a lot of demand out there from Australians wanting to return who have been blocked by their own country.

15. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think the availability and prices should drop really soon for international flights to Sydney.

16. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

You're right, availability increasing and prices dropping fast. 7 European countries including Spain now allowed from today into Singapore quarantine free, and onward travel to Sydney from November. Prices 1650 Euro, normally 1100, was 2200 last week.
    https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/vaccinated-travel-lanes/
    The PCR tests will add a few hundred euros to the cost though.

Bali also allowing Spain entry now as one of 19 countries based on low infection rates but UK, USA, Germany, Australia not on their list yet.